|This article is about the Comic Series character. For other pages with the same name, see: Samuel|
- "Hey! Why are you here?! This is a private ceremony! You've got no right to be here! No right! Ethan was a good man! He didn't have to die! He was scared and--"
- —Samuel to Rick at Ethan's funeral.[src]
Nothing is known about Samuel's life before or as the outbreak began.
Nothing is known about Samuel's life at Hilltop.
Samuel was attending Ethan's funeral when Rick Grimes arrived. Samuel punched Rick, stating that Ethan didn't deserve to die. Paul then yells at him, stating that it was Ethan's own fault that he was killed.
Samuel is seen listening to Maggie Greene as she convinces residents of the Hilltop, including Samuel, to believe in Rick Grimes.
Samuel is seen with a gun defending the Hilltop as the Saviors attack in Issue 123.
Samuel is seen standing with Maggie and the rest looking at Gregory's dead body.
Samuel fights the Whisperers alongside the members of the militia. He is killed before Dwight and the others could retreat and regroup.
- Killed By
While fighting against the Whisperers, Samuel is caught off guard by a Whisperer and is stabbed to death.
This list shows the victims Samuel has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies
Samuel loathes Rick for killing Ethan, as witnessed by him punching Rick in the face at Ethan's funeral. It is possible now that Samuel has some sort of respect for Rick after Maggie's speech about him.
Samuel and Ethan may have been friends, as Samuel was seen to be distraught over his death, taking his anger out on Rick.
These two haven't been seen interacting much. After Samuel punched Rick at Ethan's funeral, Paul intervened and told everybody that Rick did what had to be done and that Ethan was nothing more than a coward that deserved to die.
- Issue 118 (No Lines)
- Issue 123 (No Lines)
- Issue 138 (No Lines)
- Issue 141 (No Lines)
|✔||Appears||✔||Voice is heard|
|👁||Appears with no lines||✔||Appears in a flashback|
|✔||Appears as a walker||🖼||Appears in a photograph/video|
|✔||Appears as a corpse||✔||Appears in a hallucination/dream|
- In Issue 119, a man standing next to Jesus in the aftermath of the battle looks strikingly similar to Samuel, but it is unlikely it was him as he was seen at the Hilltop in Issue 118, whilst the war was going on.
- Samuel is the last Hilltop resident to die on-panel in the comic series.