|This article is about the actor. For other pages with the same name, see: Scott|
Scott Wilson was born on March 29, 1942 in the small Southern town of Thomasville, Georgia. In his debut film, he played a murder suspect in In the Heat of the Night. His follow-up role, in the same year, was In Cold Blood, based on the book of the same name by Truman Capote. He portrayed real-life murderer Richard Hickock, while Robert Blake played his partner, Perry Smith.
Director Richard Brooks cast Wilson and Blake in the starring roles specifically because they were unknown at the time. The film earned him an appearance on the cover of Life Magazine, published on May 12, 1967. The cover features Truman Capote standing between Wilson and Blake on an empty highway in Kansas.
He appeared in Sparta on March 15, 2014 to celebrate the city's 175th anniversary in reference to his debut appearance in the film.
In 2014, he was cast in a recurring role as Dr. Guyot in the Amazon original series Bosch. He also starred in the Netflix series The OA.
On October 6, 2018, he passed away after a short battle with leukaemia.
- In the Heat of the Night
- In Cold Blood
- The Great Gatsby
- The Right Stuff
- The Aviator
- Johnny Handsome
- The Exorcist III
- Young Guns II
- Dead Man Walking
- Pearl Harbor
- The Last Samurai
- The Heartbreak Kid
- He began his acting career when he accidentally signed up for an acting class while drunk. 
- During the filming of "Sick", as he was playing an unconscious Hershel, he fell asleep on the prison beds.
- He had a special appearance in a YouTube fan video titled "HERSHEL'S LAND Machinima Finale (Skit)" where he tells the characters to get off his land, Chandler Riggs is also a character in the main series and finale.
- He was the first series regular to pass away.
- He was able to view his last scene in Season 9 before he passed away.
- ↑ DP/30 Emmywatch: The Walking Dead, actor Scott Wilson TheHotButton (March 20, 2012)
- ↑ The Walking Dead season 9 spoilers: Greg Nicotero spills on returning character scenes Express (October 29, 2018)