|This article contains new or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time.|
Season 10 of AMC's The Walking Dead will consist of sixteen episodes. On January 12, 2019, AMC announced the show was renewed for a tenth season. It will premiere on October 6, 2019. Angela Kang will continue as showrunner for the second consecutive season.
The Walking Dead is a story that started 10 years ago with one man trying to find his family. That family grew and gradually communities took shape. They fought and survived, thrived and gave birth to a new generation. It is a tale of humankind and there are more stories to tell.
It is now Spring, a few months after the end of Season 9, when our group of survivors dared to cross into Whisperer territory during the harsh winter. The collected communities are still dealing with the after effects of Alpha's horrific display of power, reluctantly respecting the new borderlines being imposed on them, all while organizing themselves into a militia-style fighting force, preparing for a battle that may be unavoidable.
But the Whisperers are a threat unlike any they have ever faced. Backed by a massive horde of the dead it is seemingly a fight they cannot win. The question of what to do and the fear it breeds will infect the communities and give rise to paranoia, propaganda, secret agendas, and infighting that will test them as individuals and as a society. The very idea of whether civilization can survive in a world filled with the dead hangs in the balance.
|Title||Writer(s)||Director(s)||Original Air Date||U.S. Viewers|
|1.||"Lines We Cross"||Angela Kang||Greg Nicotero||October 6, 2019||TBA|
|2.||"We Are the End of the World"||TBA||Greg Nicotero||October 13, 2019||TBA|
|3.||"Ghosts"||Jim Barnes||David Boyd||October 20, 2019||TBA|
|4.||"Silence the Whisperers"||Geraldine Inoa||Michael Cudlitz||October 27, 2019||TBA|
|5.||"What It Always Is"||TBA||TBA||November 3, 2019||TBA|
|6.||"Bonds"||TBA||Dan Liu||November 10, 2019||TBA|
|7.||"Open Your Eyes"||TBA||Michael Cudlitz||November 17, 2019||TBA|
|8.||"The World Before"||Julia Ruchman||John Dahl||November 24, 2019||TBA|
To be added.
- This season is mainly based on "Volume 25: No Turning Back", "Volume 26: Call To Arms" and "Volume 27: The Whisperer War" from the Comic Series.
- Lauren Cohan's return as Maggie Rhee is hoped to be seen.
- Angela Kang confirmed that she is "working on" bringing Cohan back to the show this season.
- Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) have signed on for a further 3 years, indicating that both will appear in this season.
- This will be Danai Gurira's final season portraying Michonne.
- On April 4, 2019, Angela Kang confirmed that there will be another time jump this season.
- Filming began on Monday, May 6, as confirmed by Norman Reedus on his Instagram page.
- Below are the changes made to the main cast in this season:
- Following their characters' deaths in the previous season, Alanna Masterson (Tara Chambler) and Katelyn Nacon (Enid) have been removed from the opening credits.
- A message from Denise Huth on Instagram confirmed that this season will have 19 series regulars, and that only the series regulars are featured in the promotional teasers.
- This means that Cailey Fleming (Judith), Ryan Hurst (Beta), Cooper Andrews (Jerry), Nadia Hilker (Magna), Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Lauren Ridloff (Connie), and Cassady McClincy (Lydia) have all been promoted to series regular status, after recurring appearances in previous seasons.
- Michael Cudlitz, who portrayed Abraham Ford, directed two episodes this season.
- The characters Dante and Brandon from the Comic Series will be introduced this season.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1049377/the-walking-dead-season-9-maggie-rhee-lauren-cohan-rick-grimes-andrew-lincoln-amc
- ↑ https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/07/12/the-walking-dead-lauren-cohan-maggie-return-season-10/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/1152319883004149760
- ↑ https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/31/walking-dead-season-finale-storm-showrunner-angela-kang-916/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BxIE5PunwS3/