|This article contains new or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time.|
Season 11 is the upcoming final season of AMC's The Walking Dead. It will premiere on August 22, 2021 and will consist of 24 episodes. Developed for television by Frank Darabont, the series is based on the eponymous series of comic books by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. The executive producers are Kirkman, David Alpert, Scott Gimple, Angela Kang, Greg Nicotero, Joe Incaprera, Denise Huth, and Gale Anne Hurd, with Kang as showrunner for her third and final season.
To be added.
To be added.
- Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
- Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier
- Lauren Cohan as Maggie Rhee
- Christian Serratos as Rosita Espinosa
- Josh McDermitt as Eugene Porter
- Seth Gilliam as Gabriel Stokes
- Ross Marquand as Aaron
- Khary Payton as Ezekiel
- Michael James Shaw as Mercer
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan Smith
- Also Starring
- Callan McAuliffe as Alden
- Eleanor Matsuura as Yumiko
- Cooper Andrews as Jerry
- Nadia Hilker as Magna
- Cailey Fleming as Judith Grimes
- Cassady McClincy as Lydia
- Lauren Ridloff as Connie
- Dan Fogler as Luke
- Sydney Park as Cyndie
- Kerry Cahill as Dianne
- Angel Theory as Kelly
- Avianna Mynhier as Rachel Ward
- Kenric Green as Scott
- Nadine Marissa as Nabila
- Margot Bingham as Stephanie
- Kevin Carroll as Virgil
- Karen Ceesay as Bertie
- Paola Lázaro as Juanita Sanchez
- James Devoti as Cole
To be added.
On October 5, 2019, AMC announced the show was renewed for an eleventh season. On September 9, 2020, AMC announced that Season 11 will be extended to 24 episodes and will also be the final season of the series. Filming for the eleventh season began on February 9, 2021.
- This season will be mainly based on "Volume 30: New World Order", "Volume 31: The Rotten Core" and "Volume 32: Rest In Peace" from the Comic Series.
- Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) and Melissa McBride (Carol Peletier) have signed on for a further 3 years, indicating that both will appear in this season.
- Lauren Cohan (Maggie Rhee) is confirmed to return as a series regular this season.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AMC delayed the pre-production of this season.
- Filming began on Tuesday, February 9, 2021, as confirmed by AMC on their Twitter page.
- This season will be extended with an additional eight episodes, upping the episode count from 16 to 24.
- This makes Season 11 the longest season of the TV Series to date.
- This is the second time a season of the Original TV Series has been extended, with the first being Season 10.
- This is the first season to ever begin to air in the summer instead of the fall in the given year.
- This is the last season in which Angela Kang is showrunner for The Walking Dead.