|This article is about the sixth season of the Fear TV Series. You may be looking for the sixth season of the Original TV Series.|
Season 6 of AMC's Fear The Walking Dead premiered on October 11, 2020, and will consist of 16 episodes. The series is a companion series to The Walking Dead, which is based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. The executive producers are Kirkman, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero, Gale Anne Hurd, Scott Gimple, Andrew Chambliss, and Ian Goldberg, with Chambliss and Goldberg as showrunners for the third consecutive season.
The season follows Morgan Jones (Lennie James) who has been left for dead by Virginia (Colby Minifie), while the remaining members of Morgan's group have been separated by Virginia and her Pioneers and are dispersed across her various settlements.
|Title||Writer(s)||Director(s)||Original Air Date||U.S. Viewers|
|1.||"The End Is the Beginning"||Andrew Chambliss
|Michael Satrazemis||October 11, 2020||1.59 million|
|2.||"Welcome to the Club"||Nazrin Choudhury||Lennie James||October 18, 2020||TBA|
|3.||"Alaska"||Mallory Westfall||Colman Domingo||October 25, 2020||TBA|
|4.||"The Key"||David Leslie Johnson||Ron Underwood||November 1, 2020||TBA|
|5.||"Honey"||Ashley Cardiff||Sharat Raju||November 8, 2020||TBA|
|6.||"Bury Her Next to Jasper's Leg"||Alex Delyle||Tawnia McKiernan||November 15, 2020||TBA|
|7.||"Damage From the Inside"||Jacob Pinion||TBA||November 22, 2020||TBA|
- Lennie James as Morgan Jones (2/16)
- Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia Clark (1/16)
- Maggie Grace as Althea Szewczyk-Przygocki (0/16)
- Colman Domingo as Victor Strand (1/16)
- Danay Garcia as Luciana Galvez (0/16)
- Garret Dillahunt as John Dorie (0/16)
- Austin Amelio as Dwight (0/16)
- Mo Collins as Sarah Rabinowitz (0/16)
- Alexa Nisenson as Charlie (1/16)
- Karen David as Grace (0/16)
- Colby Hollman as Wes (0/16)
- Zoe Colletti as Dakota (1/16)
- Jenna Elfman as June Dorie (0/16)
- Rubén Blades as Daniel Salazar (1/16)
- Colby Minifie as Virginia (2/16)
- Demetrius Grosse as Emile LaRoux (1/16)
- Michael Abbott Jr. as Isaac (1/16)
- Brigitte Kali Canales as Rachel (1/16)
- Holly Curran as Janis (1/16)
- Craig Nigh as Hill (2/16)
- Christine Evangelista as Sherry (0/16)
- Sydney Lemmon as Isabelle (0/16)
- Daryl Mitchell as Wendell (0/16)
- Peter Jacobson as Jacob Kessner (0/16)
- Cooper Dodson as Dylan (0/16)
- Bailey Gavulic as Annie (0/16)
- Ethan Suess as Max (0/16)
- Damon Carney as Walter (1/16)
- Joseph Castillo-Midyett as Cigarette Man (1/16)
- Stephen Brodie as Young Man (1/16)
- Charissa Allen as Adrienne (1/16)
- Samuel French as Ben (1/16)
- Noah Khyle as Cameron (1/16)
- Satya Nikhil Polisetti as Sanjay (1/16)
- Justin Smith as Marcus (1/16)
- Lee Stringer as Jeb (1/16)
- Peggy Schott as Tess (0/16)
- Hope Whitaker as Tess' Son (0/16)
- Beau Smith as Dom (0/16)
- Walter (Alive)
- Emile LaRoux (Alive)
- Isaac (Off-Screen)
- 6 unnamed Pioneer workers
On July 19, 2019, AMC renewed the series for a sixth season. Production began in November 2019 in Texas. In March 2020, production for the sixth season was shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior to the shutdown, the series had almost completed production on the first half of the season and showrunner Andrew Chambliss confirmed that every script for the sixth season was completed. Production was reported to have restarted in late August 2020.
In December 2019, it was announced that Zoe Colletti would join the main cast for the sixth season as Dakota, and that Mo Collins and Colby Hollman were promoted to series regulars after having recurring roles since the fourth and fifth seasons, respectively. In January 2020, it was confirmed that Christine Evangelista would reprise her role as Sherry, who last appeared in the seventh season of The Walking Dead; she is the third character to crossover from the parent series to Fear The Walking Dead.
Cast member Lennie James made his directorial debut this season, and was mentored by fellow cast member Colman Domingo who had previously directed episodes for the series; Domingo also directed his third episode of the series in this season.
Showrunner Ian Goldberg stated that the sixth season would take on an "anthology format", where episodes will focus on individual or pairs of characters, similar to previous episodes like season 4's "Laura". Goldberg also described it as "a darker season".
- Below are the changes made to the main cast in this season:
- Christine Evangelista will reprise her role as Sherry this season, as confirmed on the official The Walking Dead page.
- Kim Dickens who portrayed the protagonist Madison Clark from Season 1 to Season 4 has recently stated that, "You can be gone like that. And you can also pop up at some time, at any time." suggesting a possible return for her character in this season.
- It was confirmed by Scott Gimple that there will be a time skip this season and possibly more.
- A character got a pet this season.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AMC shut down the filming in March for this season, although the show was half-way through the filming.
- Filming for the second half of the season was to resume in late August.
- Colman Domingo, who portrays Victor Strand, directed the third episode of this season.
- Lennie James, who portrays Morgan Jones, made his directorial debut and directed the second episode of this season.