|This article is about the TV Series character. For other pages with the same name, see: Shelly|
- "I mean, it's just so much better when it's fresh..."
- —Shelly to an Alexandria resident about food.[src]
Nothing is known about Shelly's life prior to or as the outbreak began except that she was likely married.
At some point in the apocalypse, Shelly joined a community called the Alexandria Safe-Zone.
Shelly attends Deanna's welcoming party for the new arrivals and socializes with the other residents and the new arrivals. As Sasha is overwhelmed by the party guests, Shelly is talking to another resident about the freshness of food at the party.
Shelly is at the pantry with Carol, Olivia, and Erin going over the food supply and gathering ingredients to prepare for dinner, where she adds a comment about her disgust for paprika before complaining about the old noodles they have in stock. Carol then tells her she can teach her how to make noodles, only if she stops smoking inside the house, to which she quietly agrees. As Shelly smokes outside her house later that day, one of the invading Wolves takes her by surprise and brutally kills her with a machete as Carol watches horrified from her window.
- Killed By
- Aaron (Indirectly Caused)
Aaron leaves his backpack at Del Arno Foods, which causes the Wolves to locate and attack Alexandria.
As Shelly is smoking outside her house, a Wolf comes up and slashes her stomach open with a machete. As she falls down and screams in pain, the Wolf then uses the machete and hacks her head open, killing her.
- "You know, Shell, I can teach you how to make pasta with your own two hands. But you'd have to promise not to smoke in the house. It's just a disgusting habit, and it kills you. If you ask me, there are too many things trying to do that already."
- —Carol to Shelly[src]
Carol and Shelly seem to have a stable relationship. When Shelly is complaining about the lack of a pasta machine, Carol says she can teach her how to make pasta with her own hands, but Shelly would have to promise not to smoke in the house, saying it is a disgusting habit that kills you, and that there are too many things out there trying to do that already. After the Wolves' attack on Alexandria, Carol mournfully looks upon Shelly's body and takes her cigarettes, and later breaks down over what has occurred and the deaths of her neighbors, especially Shelly and Erin.
- Shelly is credited as Mrs. Neudermeyer in all of her appearances.
- This character's name is revealed in dialogue in "JSS".
- Shelly's main motif was a desire to obtain a pasta maker. Ironically, several weeks after her death, Rick and Daryl do eventually find a pasta maker in a truck full of food supplies, but it is stolen and sunk into a lake by Paul Rovia.