Nothing is known about Shih's life prior to the outbreak, except that he served as a member of the California Army National Guard.
While on a mission, Shih suffered a collapsed lung and was evacuated to the field hospital for treatment. Upon arrival at the medical facility, he is quickly assessed by Liza and Dr. Exner in preparation for treatment.
Shih was recovering in the medical ward with other patients and medical staff. He was one of those being prepared to be evacuated on the helicopter, but when the evacuation plans were cancelled due to zombies breaching the military base, Dr. Exner mercifully executes each patient to prevent death at the hands of zombies.
This list shows the victims Shih has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of infected and zombies
- Killed By
- Collapsed Lung (Alive, Assumed)
While on a mission, Shih suffered an injury of a collapsed lung. He later succumbs to his injuries and dies.
- Bethany Exner (Before Reanimation, Off-Screen)
Shih and the other patients are mercifully executed off-screen by Dr. Exner.
- Shih is credited as Injured Soldier in "Cobalt".
- This character's name is visible on his uniform tag.