Sonequa Martin-Green was born and raised in Russellville, Alabama. She has one full sister and three older half-sisters. She graduated from the University of Alabama in 2007 with a degree in theatre and moved to New York in the same year.
After meeting her husband in New Jersey, they settled into California five years later. She gave birth to a baby boy named Kenric Justin Green on January 10th 2015, named after her husband.
- Not Quite Right
- Blind Thoughts
- Toe to Toe
- Rivers Wash Over Me
- Da Brick
- Yelling to the Sky
- Shockwave Darkside
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Army Wives
- The Good Wife
- Gossip Girl
- NYC 22
- Once Upon a Time
- New Girl
- Star Trek: Discovery
- Space Jam: A New Legacy
- In an interview with AfterBuzz TV, she revealed she originally auditioned for a different role of a prominent female character in the casting process of the third season. This role was later confirmed to be Michonne Hawthorne, and the part of Sasha was specifically written for her.
- She previously worked with Dallas Roberts (Milton) in The Good Wife.
- She covered her pregnancy during the fifth season's filming with thick layers, a large gun and a large jacket.
- She was her high school's salutatorian.
- She says that her favorite character is Hershel.
- She originally wanted to be a child psychologist.