|This article is about Carley's co-worker news reporter. You may be looking for the "400 Days" character, the Survival Instinct character, or the actor.|
- "WABE urges you to stay indoors, and avoid any contact with individuals you suspect may have been exposed. In the event of a full... uh, my producer is telling me we have to get off the air... WABE wishes you and your loved ones... God bless you all..."
- —Steve to all listeners in WABE.[src]
Not much is known about Steve's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he was a reporter for the WABE Broadcasting Station along with Carley in Atlanta.
Steve is heard on the radio after Lee finds batteries to repair the radio for Carley. He warns people to stay indoors and avoid contact with people who may be bitten. He is then told by his producer that they need to get off the air and leave. He wishes everyone strength to endure the crisis, and noises can be heard from the broadcast, indicating that walkers were breaking in. Multiple gunshots ensue, and the signal fades. The broadcast quickly weakens, and cuts off, in which Carley shows concern for.
This list shows the victims Steve has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies
- "A New Day" (Voice Only)
- It is implied that Carley knew Steve personally, as she recognized him by his voice and showed concern for him while she listened to the broadcast.
- He is first of the three characters played by Ruby Butterfield, others being Travis and Boyd.