"The Beginning" is the sixteenth and final episode of the sixth season of AMC's Fear The Walking Dead. It is the eighty-fifth episode of the series overall. It premiered on June 13, 2021. It was written by Andrew Chambliss & Ian Goldberg and directed by Michael Satrazemis.
Everyone desperately scrambles to live out the coming destruction on their own terms.
- Cory Hart as Rollie
- Julia Barnett as Kim Larson
- Aaron Spivey-Sorrells as Kevin Larson
- Ella McCain as Briga Larson
- Austin Alexander as Acolyte
- Rachel (Alive and Zombified)
- Howard's Wife (Confirmed Fate)
- Riley (Alive)
- Theodore Maddox
- Acolyte (Off-Screen)
- 1 unnamed cultist
- Numerous unnamed people (Off-Screen)
- First appearance of Kim Larson.
- First appearance of Kevin Larson.
- First appearance of Briga Larson.
- First appearance of Howard.
- First appearance of the Larson Family Home.
- First appearance of Howard's Hideout.
- First appearance of Teddy's Secret Bunker.
- Last appearance of Rollie.
- With Rollie's death, there are no known members of Logan's Crew left alive.
- Last appearance of Rachel.
- With Rachel's death, Morgan is the only surviving member of her family.
- Last appearance of Riley.
- Last appearance of Theodore Maddox.
- With Theodore's death, there are no known named members of the Doomsday Cult confirmed to be alive.
- Last appearance of Dakota.
- Last appearance of Garza. (Corpse)
- The title of the episode, "The Beginning", refers to Riley's statement that "this is only just the beginning", derived from Teddy's teachings.
- This episode was made available for streaming to subscribers of AMC Premiere on June 10, 2021.
- This is the first season finale of Fear The Walking Dead in which Alicia Clark doesn't appear.
- This episode marks the return of Isabelle, who has been absent since "Alaska". However, she is played by an unknown stand-in, since Sydney Lemmon was unavailable for filming.
- The episode's format breaks it down into several different sections occurring simultaneously and each following the different groups of characters.
- Rollie is executed by Daniel Salazar after Daniel realizes that Rollie is a spy for the cult. Riley reveals that Rollie had lost his faith after the events of "Handle With Care" and switched sides.
- Daniel, Wes, Sarah, Charlie, Luciana, and Jacob are rescued by a CRM helicopter sent by Al and piloted by Isabelle.
- It's revealed that Teddy secretly intended to hide out in a hidden bunker and once the dust settled, return to the sub and launch the remaining nuclear missiles. Teddy kept Dakota alive as he needed a second person to turn both launch keys.
- The way in which Rachel dies, and then while zombified carries her child with her while her mouth is restrained and she is guided by an ulterior force may be a reference to the 2017 movie Cargo, in which the main character Andy does the same thing once he succumbs to his infection.
- When John Dorie Sr. and June disarm Dakota with a trick shot, John Sr. asks if his son ever told June about the St. Louis Barn Raiser. In "Humbug's Gulch", June asked John about a number of different trick shots, including one called the St. Louis Barn Raiser, but he refused to answer her.
- This episode marks the first time in Fear The Walking Dead continuity that Dwight has killed a living person, directly or indirectly.
- Following its breaking in the last episode, Morgan appears to have abandoned all use of his battle axe, taking with him only his old staff when he exits the sub.
- There is a deleted scene of June and Dorie Sr. traveling by horse on the way to the overlook, as depicted in several promo photos from the episode.