"The Raft" is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season of AMC's Fear the Walking Dead. It is the ninety-eighth episode of the series overall. It premiered on May 15, 2022. It was written by Nick Bernardone & Nazrin Choudhury and directed by Gary S. Rake.
- Avaya White as Morgan
- Jared Gibson as Elias Vazquez
- Nito Larioza as Tower Resident
- Megan Boehm as Ex-Cultist
- Rachel Prieto as Ex-Cultist
- Raquel Lanise as Ex-Cultist
- Ron Bonge as Ex-Cultist
- Erick Montelongo as Ex-Stalker
- First appearance of Maya Vazquez.
- Last appearance of the Franklin Hotel.
- Last appearance of USS Pennsylvania.
- The title of the episode, "The Raft", refers to the USS Pennsylvania's emergency life raft that Sherry had prepared for Dwight and their argument over it as well as Morgan's departure on it at the end of the episode.
- This episode was made available for streaming to subscribers of AMC Premiere on May 8, 2022.
- As of this episode, Keith Carradine (John Dorie Sr.) has been removed from the opening credits.
- This episode takes place shortly after the events of "Sonny Boy".
- Dwight and Sherry are shown to still operate separately as the Dark Horses in a limited capacity, responding by themselves to a distress call from a survivor looking for her missing son.
- Alicia is shown to wear the medallion that she had been given by Strand in "Welcome to the Club" and that she had later given to Will. It was last seen on his corpse in "PADRE".
- This episode marks the first time that a walker is seen killing another walker, albeit unintentionally. One of the dead stumbles and falls, and another walks over it, crushing its head in the process.
- This was also partially seen in "First Time Again", when walkers slammed into the metal sheets blocking the road and got trampled by the rest of the herd, although no walkers were confirmed to have been killed there.
- Dwight references his time working for Negan and the Saviors.
- The events of "PADRE" and "Ofelia" are mentioned.
- The crater is revealed to be five miles west of Manny's Salvage Yard.
- Alicia's Sharpened Barrel Shroud is revealed to have been abandoned by her in the bunker. It's recovered by Sherry and Alicia has her keep it rather than taking it back.
- Having been chased by Strand's walker moat, Morgan works to draw it away from the Tower in order to make the Tower vulnerable, leaving Dwight and Sherry to look after Mo.
- Morgan reunites with Alicia who has retrieved the bunker's transmitter, but she has had no luck in finding anyone to help them.
- The USS Pennsylvania has to be abandoned for good due to a radiation leak.
- Alicia reveals that she is still sick and has been having more vivid dreams. Alicia is also unsure if she will able to kill Strand when the time comes.
- Morgan, Alicia, Dwight and Sherry trap the herd in the Franklin Hotel bunker, Dwight and Sherry escaping through the drainage pipes that Alicia and Will had tried to follow Vazquez out through in "PADRE".
- Morgan and Alicia discover the crater nearly empty, someone having lowered a ramp into it to release all of the radioactive walkers.
- Sherry is revealed to be pregnant which has been fueling her fears about Dwight reverting to his old ways.
- Morgan leaves with Mo on the sub's emergency life raft, trying to find a better place for the baby.
- Alicia leads her forces to attack the Tower.
- Despite losing half of his left arm in "PADRE", both of Vazquez's arms are completely intact when Alicia encounters him and puts Vazquez down.