"The Sky Is a Graveyard" is the eighth episode of the first season of AMC's The Walking Dead: World Beyond. It is the eighth episode of the series overall. It premiered on November 22, 2020, the same night as "Damage From the Inside", the mid-season finale of the sixth season of Fear The Walking Dead. It was written by Elizabeth Padden and directed by Loren Yaconelli.
- Catherine Taber as Silas' Mom
- Braxton Bjerken as Young Silas Plaskett
- Jennie Fahn as Ruth
- Robert Palmer Watkins as Lieutenant Frank Newton
- Gary Plaskett (Alive and Zombified, Flashback)
- First appearance of Mrs. Plaskett. (Flashback)
- First appearance of Ruth. (Flashback)
- First appearance of Frank Newton. (Flashback)
- Last appearance of Tony Delmado. (Corpse)
- Last appearance of Gary Plaskett. (Flashback)
- The title of the episode, "The Sky Is a Graveyard", refers to Iris remembering what Hope told her about stars in the night sky, specifically how many of them are actually dead, but still visible to us due to being millions of light years away. Elton corrects her by pointing out that the stars visible to the naked eye are mostly a couple hundred light years away, making it likely that they are still burning.
- This episode was made available for streaming to subscribers of AMC Premiere on November 19, 2020.
- This episode is played directly after the mid-season finale of Season 6 of Fear The Walking Dead.
- It's revealed that Silas beat his father to death due to snapping when Gary violently abused him. Gary's death was ruled self-defense which is why Silas never went to prison for it.
- Silas left the group and Elton decided to leave and join Silas so he would know that someone is still believing in him and maybe would eventually finding his mother and sister. However, Hope then revealed that she killed his mother and sister.
- Huck is revealed to be Elizabeth Kublek's daughter and a spy working for the Civic Republic Military.
- This is the least viewed episode in the entire The Walking Dead franchise and one of only four episodes to get fewer than one million viewers, the other being "Madman Across the Water", "Shadow Puppets", and "Truth or Dare".
|Episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond|
|Season 1||"Brave" • "The Blaze of Gory" • "The Tyger and the Lamb" • "The Wrong End of a Telescope" • "Madman Across the Water" • "Shadow Puppets" • "Truth or Dare" • "The Sky Is a Graveyard" • "The Deepest Cut" • "In This Life"|