|This article is about the Fear group. You may be looking for the Typhoon group.|
- "So there's two ways this can go-- either you give us your stuff and live-- I mean, hell, you can--you can join us, you could become one of us. Or we wait for you all to die, tryin' to make things work. But either way, I end up with that gun on your hip and whatever else I want. That's not a threat, that's just the way it goes."
- —Melvin offering Madison Clark a choice.[src]
The Vultures are a group of hostile survivors introduced in Season 4 of AMC's Fear The Walking Dead. They are led by a man named Melvin and served as the primary antagonistic group of the first half of Season 4.
Nothing is known about the lives of any of the Vultures prior to or as the outbreak began.
At some point following the outbreak, these survivors began to approach other settlements and wait for them to die so they could take all their supplies and resources for themselves. The Vultures also became adept at herding the dead into secure locations and marked these secure locations with flags telling of the number of dead inside. At some point before approaching the Dell Diamond settlement, they found a young girl named Charlie and recruited her as one of their spies.
In the aftermath of an attack that destroyed the Dell Diamond Baseball Stadium, the Vultures are hunted relentlessly by the survivors of the Dell Diamond. Following the deaths of Nick and Ennis, the two groups meet at a race track where a massive gunfight breaks out, wiping out the Vultures except for Charlie and June who leave with Morgan Jones, John Dorie, and Althea.
- Madison Clark (Indirectly Caused)
- Nicholas Clark (Alive)
- Possibly several unnamed stadium residents (Caused)
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people (Caused or Direct)
- "Another Day in the Diamond"
- "Good Out Here"
- "Buried" (Flashback)
- "Just in Case"
- "The Wrong Side of Where You Are Now"
- This group bears similarities to "The Wolves", a primary antagonistic group of hostile survivors in The Walking Dead in the sense that both of these groups are named after predatory animals and both consist of bandits and scavengers and both are adept at herding the dead.
- While the Vultures are gathered outside of the Dell Diamond Baseball Stadium during the daytime in "Another Day in the Diamond", actual vultures can be seen flying overhead.
- The group's name is similar to what real life vultures do; being that they wait around for people to die instead of killing.
- The Vultures used over 3,000 walkers to attack the stadium. The flags that Victor Strand and Cole recovered from the Oil Tanks are labeled 457, 583, 233, 619, 378 and 765. This means that 3,035 walkers were imprisoned in the tanks total. However, several were put down by Madison and June in "Another Day in the Diamond" while trapped inside of one of the tanks.