• Intro

    Being a fan of weapons and firearms, I like to research some of the weapons in TWD, and some of the weapons that many believe to be extreme and shit actually aren't that difficult to answer and understand why're they're in the show. Let's talk about the 5 weapons most often looked at as being "wtcoon" Weapons that come out of nowhere. Yes I just made that up and yes it's stupid.


    DefTech 37mm Rotary Launcher

    DefTech






    Most often looked at as the postergun of random guns that come out of nowhere is the DefTech. The DefTech is a 6 Barrel grenade launcher, and such grenade launchers are used by the Military such as the United States National Guard. Now the United States Military uses the Hawk MM-1 grenade launcher which looks very simaler to the Deftech. Now in the show we see Marteniz using the grenade launcher in Welcome to the Tombs AND Marteniz was one of the members of Woodbury who went to the National Guard Camp. It can be presumed Martinez got the grenade laucnher while at the camp off-screen.


    M136 AT4

    AT-4Launcher




    The AT4 like the DefTech is used by the United States Military so it can be presumed Woodbury would have gotten it from the camp. I use the word "would" as they never use the rocket launcher. It was featured in a deleted scene in Welcome to the Tombs and most likely was replaced by the DefTech.


    AK-47

    Ak472







    The AK-47 is a Russian Assault Rifle and is the world's most famous Assault Rifle, if not most famous gun. Now the AK-47's appearance in the game and show makes no sense and I can't come up with any theories on how Terminus or Howe's Hardware. Now how does this not make sense but the DefTech does? Simply the AK-47 is illegal in the United States...well was until they changed the law to make it so the AK is not able to shoot full auto. But in the show it is used full auto. How is this possible? They must have changed it to full auto but unless the people of Terminus were huge gun fans or members of the NRA they would have trouble changing the fire rate of the AK-47.



    Leave a comment below

    I hope you enjoyed this forum, have a nice day.

      Loading editor
    • sweetness thanks

        Loading editor
    • Dear Pigpen

      Could you look up more weapons used on the TV Series,in "No Sanctuary" and "Consumed" Carol uses a log gun i can"t identify and in "Coda" Sasha uses a rifle i can't identify

        Loading editor
    • Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      Dear Pigpen

      Could you look up more weapons used on the TV Series,in "No Sanctuary" and "Consumed" Carol uses a log gun i can"t identify and in "Coda" Sasha uses a rifle i can't identify

      sure thing

        Loading editor
    • So, did you fond anything

        Loading editor
    • I couldn't. Sorry

        Loading editor
    • Didn't Rick claim his Python was a .44 magnum?

      smh

        Loading editor
    • ya gfuck u pigpenis

        Loading editor
    • STOP YELLING AT ME

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Carol's gun is a M4A1

        Loading editor
    • The AK 47. US Special Ops uses them so it is possible they are out there. Also, I do believe automatic weapons that have been prevented from being auto can be remodified by people with weapons training. I have just been informed that in Texas you can own an auto if you have a class 3 license, so I suspect it is the same elsewhere. Oh and there are thousands of illegal guns running around.

        Loading editor
    • Hey Pigpen, on IMDB, it lists the weapons, Sasha's rifle is a Custom AR-15, can you add a page on that

        Loading editor
    • Terminus had Type-56s not AK47s

        Loading editor
    • Wait, it is a Site called IMFDB (Internet Movie Firearms Date Base) that's the website i found

        Loading editor
    • thats what i was talking about and looked up and compared the weapons on the show with weapons on the site

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, i know so much and oh!, uh User:Pigpen077, can you look up and make a page on Sasha's Custom AR-15 (Seekins Precision)

        Loading editor
    • The DefTech isn't used by the US military and can't fire explosive ammunition, it's merely standing in prop-wise for 40mm launchers like the M32.

      Zombiepapa wrote: The AK 47. US Special Ops uses them so it is possible they are out there. Also, I do believe automatic weapons that have been prevented from being auto can be remodified by people with weapons training. I have just been informed that in Texas you can own an auto if you have a class 3 license, so I suspect it is the same elsewhere. Oh and there are thousands of illegal guns running around.

      Not to mention, any AK-type rifles (even select-fire) imported before 1968 are legally fair game with just a tax stamp. Rare and likely not available in the numbers portrayed in the show, but fair game.

        Loading editor
    • I think for class 3 machine guns the law covered pre-1986 . Was probably a typo . Btw the AK design is probably the simplest weapon for criminals to illegally convert to full automatic fire.

        Loading editor
    • Can anyone go to IMFDB ansd make pages in the guns that were missed

        Loading editor
    • Sonofgovernor wrote: I think for class 3 machine guns the law covered pre-1986 . Was probably a typo . Btw the AK design is probably the simplest weapon for criminals to illegally convert to full automatic fire.

      Yeah, typo. I meant 86. My bad.

      Devon.munn.75 wrote: Can anyone go to IMFDB ansd make pages in the guns that were missed

      What guns were missed?

        Loading editor
    • OK, for season 5 the guns were Smith and Model Model 36, Smith and Wesson Model 327 Performance RB, Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact, Beretta 8000 Cougar, FN Five-seveN, Heckler and Koch P200, that's what I'm saying girst , if you want mor einfo, go to IMFDB.com

        Loading editor
    • Orodruina wrote: Didn't Rick claim his Python was a .44 magnum?

      He might have claimed it was, but it wasn't. The Colt Python was never produced in .44 Magnum.

      Devon.munn.75 wrote: OK, for season 5 the guns were Smith and Model Model 36, Smith and Wesson Model 327 Performance RB, Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact, Beretta 8000 Cougar, FN Five-seveN, Heckler and Koch P200, that's what I'm saying girst , if you want mor einfo, go to IMFDB.com

      All are accounted for, actually. You must not have seen the S5 page recently.

        Loading editor
    • EVERYON GO TO IMFDB.COM LOOK UP THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 5.

      YOUR PRAYERS SHALL BE ANSWERED.

        Loading editor
    • Those are not all of them, I just didn't finish it, the rest are Kimber Custom 1911, Romanian WASR 10/63, Colt Law Enforcement Model 6290 Carbine, Armalite AR-18, Custom AR-15 (PWS Diablo), Remington Model Seven CDL, Franchise SPAS-12, Benelli M4 Super 90 and a Orion Flare Gun

        Loading editor
    • Devon.munn.75 wrote: Those are not all of them, I just didn't finish it, the rest are Kimber Custom 1911, Romanian WASR 10/63, Colt Law Enforcement Model 6290 Carbine, Armalite AR-18, Custom AR-15 (PWS Diablo), Remington Model Seven CDL, Franchise SPAS-12, Benelli M4 Super 90 and a Orion Flare Gun

      Also all accounted for.

        Loading editor
    • Oppps if anyone wants more info, go to IMFDB yourself and add !ore information

        Loading editor
    • Speaking of Identifying Weapons, can anyone do the same with the comics

        Loading editor
    • Devon.munn.75 wrote:
      Speaking of Identifying Weapons, can anyone do the same with the comics

      You really can't. The way they are drawn makes it very hard to identify any firearms true inspiration or model they were based off of. But I do know this:

      Andrea uses a Glock 35, chambered in .40 S&W, as of the first volume, and a Anschutz rifle that fires .22LR rounds.

      Jim utilizes a full-size Glock as well.

      Carl has a possibly compact or sub-compact, or even full-size Heckler and Koch semi-automatic pistol as well.

      Both Rick and Shane are EXPLICITLY seen using Heckler and Koch Mark 23's as their sidearms

      Glenn has what appears to be something along the lines of a .22-caliber Ruger.

      Allen has a 1911 of sorts.

      Lori carries a compact or subcompact Beretta.

      That's all I know. 

        Loading editor
    • GalenDespereaux wrote:
      Devon.munn.75 wrote:
      Speaking of Identifying Weapons, can anyone do the same with the comics
      You really can't. The way they are drawn makes it very hard to identify any firearms true inspiration or model they were based off of. But I do know this:

      Andrea uses a Glock 35, chambered in .40 S&W, as of the first volume, and a Anschutz rifle that fires .22LR rounds.

      Jim utilizes a full-size Glock as well.

      Carl has a possibly compact or sub-compact, or even full-size Heckler and Koch semi-automatic pistol as well.

      Both Rick and Shane are EXPLICITLY seen using Heckler and Koch Mark 23's as their sidearms

      Glenn has what appears to be something along the lines of a .22-caliber Ruger.

      Allen has a 1911 of sorts.

      Lori carries a compact or subcompact Beretta.

      That's all I know. 

      OK, I think Abaraham's (Comic) gun is either a Zavasta M70AB2 orma Custom AKMS with a short  barrel

        Loading editor
    • Devon.munn.75 wrote:
      GalenDespereaux wrote:
      Devon.munn.75 wrote:
      Speaking of Identifying Weapons, can anyone do the same with the comics
      You really can't. The way they are drawn makes it very hard to identify any firearms true inspiration or model they were based off of. But I do know this:

      Andrea uses a Glock 35, chambered in .40 S&W, as of the first volume, and a Anschutz rifle that fires .22LR rounds.

      Jim utilizes a full-size Glock as well.

      Carl has a possibly compact or sub-compact, or even full-size Heckler and Koch semi-automatic pistol as well.

      Both Rick and Shane are EXPLICITLY seen using Heckler and Koch Mark 23's as their sidearms

      Glenn has what appears to be something along the lines of a .22-caliber Ruger.

      Allen has a 1911 of sorts.

      Lori carries a compact or subcompact Beretta.

      That's all I know. 

      OK, I think Abaraham's (Comic) gun is either a Zavasta M70AB2 orma Custom AKMS with a short  barrel

      Good. If you have the first comic volume, check out the walker attack on the camp that results in Amy and Jim's deaths.

        Loading editor
    • , so if you have the seventh volume, during the target practice scene, there's a rifle I can't identify

        Loading editor
    • ok i have a picture of andrea firing her glock, it's hard to crop though hold on a sec, yah it will take a while.

        Loading editor
    • What I meant was in Volume 7, if you look at Tyreese and Michonne, they are both holding rifles I can't identify

        Loading editor
    • Okay, here's a pic of allen w/ his 1911

      Allen 1911 comics twd

      allen w/1911

      it sucks lol...
        Loading editor
    • Hey, good pic, and can anyone make Pages for the weapos used in Season Five!!!

        Loading editor
    • I suck at coding....

        Loading editor
    • Hey, Galen, I'd tried to leave a message on your talk page and something hot mixed up, so I'm asking, somewhere, like on your user page or anywhere else is fine, to make a list of oc The Firearm's usedin the comics, I have identified some myself

      • AKMSU, Abraham's preferred Weapon
      • M16A4 (fitted with Knight's Armament PDW stock), use by The Hunters, Bruce, Tobin and later Abraham
      • Heckler & Koch MP5K, used by the female scavenger
      • M16A2, used by Woodbury soldiers and one of  The Hunters
      • Winchester Model 79, used by Tyreese, Otis, Michonne, Hershel and Maggie
        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Hey, Galen, I'd tried to leave a message on your talk page and something hot mixed up, so I'm asking, somewhere, like on your user page or anywhere else is fine, to make a list of oc The Firearm's usedin the comics, I have identified some myself
      • AKMSU, Abraham's preferred Weapon
      • M16A4 (fitted with Knight's Armament PDW stock), use by The Hunters, Bruce, Tobin and later Abraham
      • Heckler & Koch MP5K, used by the female scavenger
      • M16A2, used by Woodbury soldiers and one of  The Hunters
      • Winchester Model 79, used by Tyreese, Otis, Michonne, Hershel and Maggie

      Will do. And good Job. In All-Out War, we can spot Ezekiel with a pistol-grip pump-action shotgun and gunsling(Mossber 500 or Remington model?)

        Loading editor
    • Stand back boys, we got a 'Murican over here!

        Loading editor
    • GalenDespereaux wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      Hey, Galen, I'd tried to leave a message on your talk page and something hot mixed up, so I'm asking, somewhere, like on your user page or anywhere else is fine, to make a list of oc The Firearm's usedin the comics, I have identified some myself
      • AKMSU, Abraham's preferred Weapon
      • M16A4 (fitted with Knight's Armament PDW stock), use by The Hunters, Bruce, Tobin and later Abraham
      • Heckler & Koch MP5K, used by the female scavenger
      • M16A2, used by Woodbury soldiers and one of  The Hunters
      • Winchester Model 79, used by Tyreese, Otis, Michonne, Hershel and Maggie
      Will do. And good Job. In All-Out War, we can spot Ezekiel with a pistol-grip pump-action shotgun and gunsling(Mossber 500 or Remington model?)

      This is all good. We can see Rick on the front of the Issue 82(And perhaps in the Issue itself, I never got my hands on a copy) with a snubnosed revolver, most likely a thirty-eight. Plenty of Kalashnikov and AR-15 rifles are in use by many survivors, Carl, Rick, and Shane use Heckler and Koch semi-auto's, Lori carries a Beretta/Taurus compact pistol....many more.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I think the rofles with the PDW-like stocks are AR-15's and I also think that the Assault Rifles that the Woodbury survivors used were meant to be AR-15's, but they look like M16's, and yeah, but all the "Kalashnikov" rifles are all stockless, and all the pistols used all resemble Heckler & Koch Pistols or SIG-Sauer P226, and commentary, who goes into battle carrying only Pistol, like in the "Made to Suffer" Volume, I saw at least a couple people during only pistols during the battle

      And the Winchester Model thing was meant to be a Winchester Model 70, and whne I looked back, the MP5K was carried by another scavenger, the female on carried a Walther MPL submachine gun and another scavenger carried an Accuracy International Artic Warfare sniper rifle

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      Yeah, I think the rofles with the PDW-like stocks are AR-15's and I also think that the Assault Rifles that the Woodbury survivors used were meant to be AR-15's, but they look like M16's, and yeah, but all the "Kalashnikov" rifles are all stockless, and all the pistols used all resemble Heckler & Koch Pistols or SIG-Sauer P226, and commentary, who goes into battle carrying only Pistol, like in the "Made to Suffer" Volume, I saw at least a couple people during only pistols during the battle

      And the Winchester Model thing was meant to be a Winchester Model 70, and whne I looked back, the MP5K was carried by another scavenger, the female on carried a Walther MPL submachine gun and another scavenger carried an Accuracy International Artic Warfare sniper rifle

      Earlier in the Comics, shotguns are quite common, they appear to be wooden-stocked hunting models. Probably Remingtons or Mossbergs, but later on they're seen stockless with pistol grips.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, but the two ones that Shane and Rick used in the first volume (I prefer volumes over issues) looked like (or at least resembled) Over/Under Shotguns and bolt action ridles are also xpquote common in the Comics, maybe Winchesters or Remingtons

        Loading editor
    • Sorry that this is off topic but can yall pls check out my youtube channel? 

        Loading editor
    • JimmyTM wrote: Sorry that this is off topic but can yall pls check out my youtube channel? 

      No.

        Loading editor
    • Ahh, a Cringepin forum.

        Loading editor
    • SilentGlaive wrote:
      Ahh, a Cringepin forum.
      The Jackson 5 - ABC

      The Jackson 5 - ABC


        Loading editor
    • Pigpen077 wrote:

      SilentGlaive wrote:
      Ahh, a Cringepin forum.
      The Jackson 5 - ABC

      The Jackson 5 - ABC


      ok

        Loading editor
    • SilentGlaive wrote:

      Pigpen077 wrote:

      SilentGlaive wrote:
      Ahh, a Cringepin forum.
      The Jackson 5 - ABC

      The Jackson 5 - ABC


      ok

      what

        Loading editor
    • Don't know what a "Cringepin" is, I just don't give two craps past Sunday about his or anyone else's YouTube channel.

        Loading editor
    • Ghost Leader wrote:
      Don't know what a "Cringepin" is, I just don't give two craps past Sunday about his or anyone else's YouTube channel.

      what

        Loading editor
    • Pigpen077 wrote:

      Ghost Leader wrote:
      Don't know what a "Cringepin" is, I just don't give two craps past Sunday about his or anyone else's YouTube channel.

      what

      Is that supposed to mean something coherent? Here, maybe this can help you better construct understandable sentences in the future: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

        Loading editor
    • Ghost Leader wrote:

      Pigpen077 wrote:

      Ghost Leader wrote:
      Don't know what a "Cringepin" is, I just don't give two craps past Sunday about his or anyone else's YouTube channel.
      what
      Is that supposed to mean something coherent? Here, maybe this can help you better construct understandable sentences in the future: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

      MORTAL KOMBAT!

        Loading editor
    • GalenDespereaux wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      Yeah, I think the rofles with the PDW-like stocks are AR-15's and I also think that the Assault Rifles that the Woodbury survivors used were meant to be AR-15's, but they look like M16's, and yeah, but all the "Kalashnikov" rifles are all stockless, and all the pistols used all resemble Heckler & Koch Pistols or SIG-Sauer P226, and commentary, who goes into battle carrying only Pistol, like in the "Made to Suffer" Volume, I saw at least a couple people during only pistols during the battle

      And the Winchester Model thing was meant to be a Winchester Model 70, and whne I looked back, the MP5K was carried by another scavenger, the female on carried a Walther MPL submachine gun and another scavenger carried an Accuracy International Artic Warfare sniper rifle

      Earlier in the Comics, shotguns are quite common, they appear to be wooden-stocked hunting models. Probably Remingtons or Mossbergs, but later on they're seen stockless with pistol grips.

      Yeah, and question, what are the bolt action rifles are, there are common, and they all look the exact same, which is something I noted out earlier all the pistols/assault rifles/shotguns all look the same, sometimes they do look different, but they all look the same or similar, why is that?

        Loading editor
    • NikkiNicks wrote:
      GalenDespereaux wrote:
      NikkiNicks wrote:
      Yeah, I think the rofles with the PDW-like stocks are AR-15's and I also think that the Assault Rifles that the Woodbury survivors used were meant to be AR-15's, but they look like M16's, and yeah, but all the "Kalashnikov" rifles are all stockless, and all the pistols used all resemble Heckler & Koch Pistols or SIG-Sauer P226, and commentary, who goes into battle carrying only Pistol, like in the "Made to Suffer" Volume, I saw at least a couple people during only pistols during the battle

      And the Winchester Model thing was meant to be a Winchester Model 70, and whne I looked back, the MP5K was carried by another scavenger, the female on carried a Walther MPL submachine gun and another scavenger carried an Accuracy International Artic Warfare sniper rifle

      Earlier in the Comics, shotguns are quite common, they appear to be wooden-stocked hunting models. Probably Remingtons or Mossbergs, but later on they're seen stockless with pistol grips.
      Yeah, and question, what are the bolt action rifles are, there are common, and they all look the exact same, which is something I noted out earlier all the pistols/assault rifles/shotguns all look the same, sometimes they do look different, but they all look the same or similar, why is that?

      Most likely due to the artists' inexperience and ignorance when it came to placing firearms on page.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, like at least in some volumes they put some detail, but they look the same, also same thing with the video game, they most seen guns are

      Pistols

      • Glock 17
      • Beretta 92FS Inox

      Revolvers

      • Single Action Army

      Rifles

      Winchester Model 70

      • AK-47

      Shotguns

      • FN SLP or Remington 870

      And for the Comics

      • Heckler & Koch Pistol/SIG-Sauer P226 looking pistol
      • Stockless AK-47
      • AR-15
      • M16
      • Bolt Action Rifle which I can't identify

      And others and I also noticed when some people hold a shotgun in the Comics, they hold it by the barrel instead of the tube?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message