• Being a huge comic fan, I thought of the idea that Daryl should have Abraham's death from the comics. Now this doesn't come from any hate for Daryl, he's not a favorite of mine but I do not dislike him either. The reason I think it should be him and not Abraham is that Abraham deserves more time on the Walking Dead with how scattered the episodes have been in the last few seasons.If you think about it, he's really only been prominently featured in a handful of episodes. I also feel there's still alot to be done with the character. As for Daryl, he's extremly developed and just how sudden and unremarkable the death would be, would just really rattle the viewers. It would also make room for Dwight to come in, as I can't exactly see them both existing at the same time. It also leaves room for Rick to have a new right hand man, for example maybe Paul Monroe. This death would also work on another level where Carol could take Holly's place, as in her being the one to drive the car into the saviors and later be used a trojan hourse against the Alexanderians. I really think it would come as a shocker and make room for other characters, since Carol and Daryl have both had a very generous amount of screen time, leading to other characters like Tyreese, to fall into background. 

      Loading editor
    • One contradiction... If Daryl dies for the sake of Abraham character development, you would kinda have to make him Ricks right hand man instead of jesus wouldnt you? Don't get me wrong, I likes me some savior ninja action as much as the next but if your going to argue that an original would be a fitting exchange deathwise then you gotta kinda have the exchanged character that lives take that spot....well think of Tyrese. Chad coleman even said that Ty was so dif. from his comic self because of Daryl.

        Loading editor
    • SPOILERS


      it's a good idea. however, its too sudden. if it happens in the TV show its just gonna be this arrow through the face out of nowhere and he dies instantly. if it's going to be a major death it's got to be dragged out (I.e how majority of people wanna see Daryl fall at the hands, or in this case bat, of Negan)

      You're right though that he's been the right hand man for a long time it's not giving anyone else the chance to fulfill that position, such as Abraham, Tyreese, Morgan, etc. 

      The thing about giving Abraham more screen time is that we've basically seen all he can do. He just yells all the time and that's it. In the comic he's not all that amazing so I wasn't all that fussed when he died. Same will go for the TV Show. I do think he deserves a better death then he gets though because he's such a powerful character, it's silly that something as simple and fast as an arrow should kill him, but i guess that makes it all the more realistic.

        Loading editor
    • Brodie3750 wrote:
      SPOILERS

      it's a good idea. however, its too sudden. if it happens in the TV show its just gonna be this arrow through the face out of nowhere and he dies instantly. if it's going to be a major death it's got to be dragged out (I.e how majority of people wanna see Daryl fall at the hands, or in this case bat, of Negan)

      You're right though that he's been the right hand man for a long time it's not giving anyone else the chance to fulfill that position, such as Abraham, Tyreese, Morgan, etc. 

      The thing about giving Abraham more screen time is that we've basically seen all he can do. He just yells all the time and that's it. In the comic he's not all that amazing so I wasn't all that fussed when he died. Same will go for the TV Show. I do think he deserves a better death then he gets though because he's such a powerful character, it's silly that something as simple and fast as an arrow should kill him, but i guess that makes it all the more realistic.

      I have to agree with you on comic Abraham, I was not fan of him. I don't know what it is about TV Abraham, that makes me like him more, maybe it's Cuditz's performence. Not sure, either way I'd just like to see a new right hand man and maybe for Abraham to be more than just the guy who yells. And while it'd be interesting for Daryl to go out in terms of Glenn, I feel like it's stil going to be Glenn, season 5 has had so many Glenn/bat forshadowings, I'd be really surprised. His death is also a major plot point for Maggie so I think it won't be Daryl, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • Tweek54678 wrote:
      Brodie3750 wrote:
      SPOILERSit's a good idea. however, its too sudden. if it happens in the TV show its just gonna be this arrow through the face out of nowhere and he dies instantly. if it's going to be a major death it's got to be dragged out (I.e how majority of people wanna see Daryl fall at the hands, or in this case bat, of Negan)

      You're right though that he's been the right hand man for a long time it's not giving anyone else the chance to fulfill that position, such as Abraham, Tyreese, Morgan, etc. 

      The thing about giving Abraham more screen time is that we've basically seen all he can do. He just yells all the time and that's it. In the comic he's not all that amazing so I wasn't all that fussed when he died. Same will go for the TV Show. I do think he deserves a better death then he gets though because he's such a powerful character, it's silly that something as simple and fast as an arrow should kill him, but i guess that makes it all the more realistic.

      I have to agree with you on comic Abraham, I was not fan of him. I don't know what it is about TV Abraham, that makes me like him more, maybe it's Cuditz's performence. Not sure, either way I'd just like to see a new right hand man and maybe for Abraham to be more than just the guy who yells. And while it'd be interesting for Daryl to go out in terms of Glenn, I feel like it's stil going to be Glenn, season 5 has had so many Glenn/bat forshadowings, I'd be really surprised. His death is also a major plot point for Maggie so I think it won't be Daryl, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

      The only thing about Glenn going out the same way as comic Glenn is that it's gonna be so predictable. We all know that's his fate in the comics, then to have all these nods supporting the idea and have him go out the same way, it's just so predictable (unless you haven't read the comics). I think there'd be more shock value to have all these nods, then out of nowhere have someone else take his place with Negan.

      You said that his death plays an important part in Maggies plot, you're right, but this far into the show I can't see Maggie being the leader, but rather Sasha or maybe even Carol. I say sasha  because she's lost her brother and her boyfriend and is a born leader. Her character development would be more fitting. However I think she's suppose to fulfill Andrea's comic role (I.e losing her boyfriend to the Hunters, losing her sibling and being a really good shot)

      The good thing about the show is that there are so many charcters to play with. You could give Glenn Abrahams death, give Morgan Glenns, give Abraham Morgans, etc. Possibilities are endless. Dont forget we have these extras now who can replace the main charcters fates completley, although that'd be a watse. Tara and Noah could be the ones to get shot with the arrow and/or hit with Lucille. 

      Just gotta wait and see

        Loading editor
    • Tara is a waste of space

        Loading editor
    • Daryl and Beth wrote:
      Tara is a waste of space

      I actually like Tara, I think she's a much more interesting character then her book counterpart. That said, she's still new, so she still has time to grow. Calling her a waste of space is a little harsh though.

        Loading editor
    • Daryl and Beth wrote: Tara is a waste of space

      Tara is not my favorite. I am waiting for Rosita to develop as a character too. The two of them seem to have bonded after the "Abraham Incident."

        Loading editor
    • I think it's a good idea, but I doubt AMC will kill him. The Daryl fangirls (and some fanboys) bring in a lot of money and ratings for the show.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Daryl will die but I think Glenn or Sasha will

        Loading editor
    • I feel like Sasha is safe for quite some time, I mean after losing Ty and Bob, I don't see the writers killing her anytime soon. Glenn's a goner for sure though.

        Loading editor
    • I can see what you are saying. It's kind of hard to believe that they will hve both Daryl and Dwight on the show at the same time..I mean they almost look exactly the same (except for the burn mark on Dwights face). I can see one of two things happening.

      1) Dwight is the one who kills off Daryl and as soon as he kills him, he picks up his crossbow and keeps it..which would give Dwight his famous crossbow he has in the comics.

      or

      2) Daryl becomes dwight. Not exactly him where he works with Negan and is part of the saviors..but Negan can still burn his face really easily and show the group he's not one to be fucked with. I can see this happening insted of  Lucille attack that kills one of the characters.


      I think option two is more likely to happen, because if Dwight were to kill Daryl, it would make him look like a copycat (Wearing the same clothes, riding a motorcycle, having a crossbow, etc.) and that would just be..i mean the odds of that every happening is pretty damn slim imo, especially for a tv show.


      However, I think Daryl will die differently. Probably towards the end of the show.

        Loading editor
    • XbowXpert wrote:
      I can see what you are saying. It's kind of hard to believe that they will hve both Daryl and Dwight on the show at the same time..I mean they almost look exactly the same (except for the burn mark on Dwights face). I can see one of two things happening.

      1) Dwight is the one who kills off Daryl and as soon as he kills him, he picks up his crossbow and keeps it..which would give Dwight his famous crossbow he has in the comics.

      or

      2) Daryl becomes dwight. Not exactly him where he works with Negan and is part of the saviors..but Negan can still burn his face really easily and show the group he's not one to be fucked with. I can see this happening insted of  Lucille attack that kills one of the characters.


      I think option two is more likely to happen, because if Dwight were to kill Daryl, it would make him look like a copycat (Wearing the same clothes, riding a motorcycle, having a crossbow, etc.) and that would just be..i mean the odds of that every happening is pretty damn slim imo, especially for a tv show.


      However, I think Daryl will die differently. Probably towards the end of the show.

      I really love both of your ideas, I like one slightly more because I like Dwight more than Daryl but I see your point with two. Both once are really cool ideas and I'd be happy if they did either.

        Loading editor
    • I know it will probably not happen, but imagine if Daryl ends up being the one to be punished by Negan instead of Glenn. It would be a ballsy move by Kirkman and AMC

        Loading editor
    • Something tells me Dwight won't be in the show. Because no matter what happens to Daryl, the casual TV viewers will still say "oh look, it's a rip off of Daryl with half his face missing.". Especially if Dwight is the one that kills him.

        Loading editor
    • RelicRaider wrote:
      Something tells me Dwight won't be in the show. Because no matter what happens to Daryl, the casual TV viewers will still say "oh look, it's a rip off of Daryl with half his face missing.". Especially if Dwight is the one that kills him.

      That would make me a very sad panda

        Loading editor
    • To be honest why is everyone hating Daryl?

        Loading editor
    • Daryl and Beth wrote:
      To be honest why is everyone hating Daryl?

      Like i said it's not that I dislike Daryl, I just feel after 5 seasons he's had enough development and it's time to let him go since he takes up so much space and allow other characters to get some time in the spotlight.

        Loading editor
    • I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much

        Loading editor
    • Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much

      I had to lose Tyreese, it is time for you to share my pain.

        Loading editor
    • RelicRaider wrote: Something tells me Dwight won't be in the show. Because no matter what happens to Daryl, the casual TV viewers will still say "oh look, it's a rip off of Daryl with half his face missing.". Especially if Dwight is the one that kills him.

      They don't need to be physically similar, what really matters is Dwight having the half burned face. I don't think it would be wise to cut off Dwight from the show, the Saviors need a character like him to don't look like the "bad guys" at 100%

        Loading editor
    • Well Daryl is going to die. Just read Conquer on the wiki and read issue #98 of the comics and you will understand.

        Loading editor
    • Daryl wont't die, not yet anyways. But I think that AMC and the writers probably monitor this site and can see what direction the status quo is moving in. My theory is that Daryl has taken Joe's words to heart and realises that he is an "outdoor cat". This will lead to Daryl finally fuckin off for a bit, to join the Saviors and become "Dwight". Morgan and Abraham will then tag team Rick's Right Hand Man role, until Jesus shows up, then Abraham will most likely take a back seat and become the de-facto leader of a sub group within the ASZ, such as the construction crew.  

        Loading editor
    • Durcille.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Daryl will be killed off for a good couple of seasons, there's still so much to do with his character.

        Loading editor
    • Daryl and Beth wrote: I don't think Daryl will be killed off for a good couple of seasons, there's still so much to do with his character.

      Technically, you could say that about every character. It's just choosing a fitting time to go.

        Loading editor
    • There is really only one way for Darryl to die and that is saving Carol. He couldn't save her daughter so he saves her but in a twist carol stays by his side and fends off a horde of Zombies and they die in each others arms. In the after credits it will show them walking hand in hand through magical gates as they are greeted by a Sophia.

        Loading editor
    • I quite like this idea actually. I think Abraham should live longer than he did in the comics, and I think Daryl's time is up. I know the show likes doing memorable deaths, and I don't think they'd do a sudden death like Abraham's, but I think a very unexpected death would be great.

        Loading editor
    • If Daryl does die, then TWD will assasinate his character first, turning him into a bad guy. Then when that day comes, even the Daryl fans themselves will want him to die. He might even be the one to bash Glenns' skull in, just throughing that last idea out there. 

        Loading editor
    • I can't see that happening no offence, he's lost but I'm pretty sure this near death experience will be a wakev call for him.

        Loading editor
    • for some reason i can see daryl becoming mor reckless and careless and thats why he gets in trouble in the season 5 finale. i would be shocked if he joined the saviors but its possible cause he clearly sees the people of alexandira as being weak. we'll have to wait and see i guess. personal note: carol sucks and i hope she's next :)

        Loading editor
    • But Shumpert got reckless. 😱😱

        Loading editor
    • If they ever show Abraham's death on TV, I really hope that a character WON'T be talking with an arrow in his head. WHen an arrow pierces the brain, you are instantly dead. That scene is easily one of the worst and most unrealistic in the comics. But I doubt Abraham would die in the same manner - his and Glenn's death are too close to each other.

        Loading editor
    • Questlord195 wrote:
      If they ever show Abraham's death on TV, I really hope that a character WON'T be talking with an arrow in his head. WHen an arrow pierces the brain, you are instantly dead. That scene is easily one of the worst and most unrealistic in the comics. But I doubt Abraham would die in the same manner - his and Glenn's death are too close to each other.

      Dude he took the bolt after he talked which is why it showed him stop talking in mid sentence.

        Loading editor
    • Tweek54678 wrote:
      Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much
      I had to lose Tyreese, it is time for you to share my pain.

      Leave my sister alone 

        Loading editor
    • Devon.munn.75 wrote:
      Tweek54678 wrote:
      Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much
      I had to lose Tyreese, it is time for you to share my pain.
      Leave my sister alone 

      I do what I want.

        Loading editor
    • Devon.munn.75 wrote:

      Tweek54678 wrote:
      Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much
      I had to lose Tyreese, it is time for you to share my pain.

      Leave my sister alone 

      Are you Nathan's cousin?

        Loading editor
    • RelicRaider wrote:

      Devon.munn.75 wrote:

      Tweek54678 wrote:
      Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much
      I had to lose Tyreese, it is time for you to share my pain.
      Leave my sister alone 
      Are you Nathan's cousin?

      Nope.

        Loading editor
    • Tweek54678 wrote:

      RelicRaider wrote:

      Devon.munn.75 wrote:

      Tweek54678 wrote:
      Rhonda.l.munn wrote:
      I don't want him to die, i love him soooooo much
      I had to lose Tyreese, it is time for you to share my pain.
      Leave my sister alone 
      Are you Nathan's cousin?

      Nope.

      I was talking to the other guy =P

        Loading editor
    • Whitetiger789 wrote:
      Questlord195 wrote:
      If they ever show Abraham's death on TV, I really hope that a character WON'T be talking with an arrow in his head. WHen an arrow pierces the brain, you are instantly dead. That scene is easily one of the worst and most unrealistic in the comics. But I doubt Abraham would die in the same manner - his and Glenn's death are too close to each other.
      Dude he took the bolt after he talked which is why it showed him stop talking in mid sentence.

      Well, you are not true:

      The Walking dead, issue 98, story page 2, Abraham's dialogue:

      Picture 1: "I get it man. You like her. You want to be with her. I'm not going to stand in the way at all. F*cking hell man, I still have feelings for her.

      Picture 2: "But my feelings for her mean I wan't her to be ... happy...  I don't want to be with her"  THOKK - ABRAHAM IS SHOT!

      Picture 3: ABRAHAM HAS AN ARROW IN THE HEAD!!!! - "I want her to be happy without me. Like I am without her. I just want the things to be...right. Do you understand? If she can be happy with you...fine. And then... I just don't....

      Picture 4: ABRAHAM DIES

      So he managed to say the whole sentence from "picture 3" with an arrow in the head?! If they would have moved Abraham being shot to picture three, his death would be perfectly fine for me - he would have died in the middle of the sentence: Talking - Shot - Dead!

        Loading editor
    • in the comic , Abraham dies and Eugene lives . Please let Eugene be the next to die . In a perfect world Gabriel and Eugene would just shoot each other or turn into gay walkers together as Abraham says " I knew it , I known it from day one " . Lol

        Loading editor
    • Questlord195 wrote:
      Whitetiger789 wrote:
      Questlord195 wrote:
      If they ever show Abraham's death on TV, I really hope that a character WON'T be talking with an arrow in his head. WHen an arrow pierces the brain, you are instantly dead. That scene is easily one of the worst and most unrealistic in the comics. But I doubt Abraham would die in the same manner - his and Glenn's death are too close to each other.
      Dude he took the bolt after he talked which is why it showed him stop talking in mid sentence.
      Well, you are not true:

      The Walking dead, issue 98, story page 2, Abraham's dialogue:

      Picture 1: "I get it man. You like her. You want to be with her. I'm not going to stand in the way at all. F*cking hell man, I still have feelings for her.

      Picture 2: "But my feelings for her mean I wan't her to be ... happy...  I don't want to be with her"  THOKK - ABRAHAM IS SHOT!

      Picture 3: ABRAHAM HAS AN ARROW IN THE HEAD!!!! - "I want her to be happy without me. Like I am without her. I just want the things to be...right. Do you understand? If she can be happy with you...fine. And then... I just don't....

      Picture 4: ABRAHAM DIES

      So he managed to say the whole sentence from "picture 3" with an arrow in the head?! If they would have moved Abraham being shot to picture three, his death would be perfectly fine for me - he would have died in the middle of the sentence: Talking - Shot - Dead!

      Dude he still said it before it that you retard. Just because it shows an arrow in his head it doesn't mean he said it after he got shot.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.