• There seems to be two camps right now:

    Camp A: One that predicts that Glenn will get his comic death at the hands of Negan.

    Camp B: One that thinks that Daryl will take Glenn's place, and die at the hands of Negan.

    There is a problem with both of these ideas. Obviously Glenn won't get his comic death. It would be too obvious, and it has been spoiled for people who haven't even read the comics. Daryl will not die either, because he is a huge cash cow for the show, and a lot of people would stop watching if he dies. Even though I think Daryl is overrated, and has developed into a boring, one liner machine, AMC cannot keep breaking viewer records if they kill the fan favorite. I strongly believe in a third camp, one that I have not seen anyone talk about.

    Camp C: Morgan is going to be killed by Negan.

    Even though Morgan has only been in a few episodes, he has left a bigger impact than most regulars. When a character has a big death, they tend to get a lot of focus in the season they die. Season 2 was "Shane's Season". We saw him develop into a great antagonist, and eventually die at the hands of his best friend in an epic arc. Season 3 was "Merle's Season". They brought back an old fan favorite who hadn't had much screen time before, and fleshed him out, ultimately concluding his season long arc in an epic redemption story. His death was still the saddest and most memorable on the show so far. Likewise, the first half of seasons 4 and 5 gave a lot of screen time to Hershel and Beth, ending with their deaths as well. They even gave The Governor a solo storyline leading up to his demise. I think that season 6 will be this for Morgan. We will see him come into conflict with and ultimately reconnect with Rick. The end of his journey will come in the final episode of Season 6, at the hands of Negan. People keep saying that it is "too early for Negan", but I think that the arcs leading up to The Saviors can be easily covered in 15 episodes (as long as Gimple no longer does any shitty filler storylines). Early in season 6 they can drop hints about The Saviors, and in the last few episodes they can do the early parts of the Savior arc (just like they did with The Hunters in season 4, and Alexandria and The Wolves in season 5). Gimple has ended both seasons on a massive cliffhanger, and this would be the biggest one yet, ending in a huge death, and leading into a season long war. Audiences would be just as shocked and heartbroken as they were with Glenn's death in the comics. This show cannot go on forever, and there is plenty of comic to cover. The war with Negan is over, and a new arc is in the middle of being told. Enough padding, we know this can be done. Negan's famous introduction is only worthy of season finale material, and they couldn't just wait until season 7's finale. That would require far too much padding. I think that this little prediction of mine is highly likely, and wrote this blog simply for bragging rights when Morgan meets his fate at the hands of Lucille. Just think about it: there is not a more worthy and less expected canidate than Morgan. Plus, Lennie James isn't exactly an easy actor to book for too long.

      Loading editor
    • I've been saying he will take Glenn's death since the season 5 finale, but I disagree I think he'll die in season 7 finale.

        Loading editor
    • I think Carol will die at Negans hand.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah Carol needs to go but I think if she does go she will take Morgan's comic death or she and Sam will take Jessie and Ron's comic death. If she doesn't die I will be annoyed and hope Negan kills her. However the producers and writers might be afraid to kill her off since she is the last known female Atlanta camp Survivor. She needs to go because I believe she is a bad influence on Rick's decision making and I feel her story is over and shouldn't continue.

        Loading editor
    • Gimple has to add fillers though. I agree, they are bad, and leave little effect on the bigger picture, but they need to happen, to keep things original. It is too early for Negan. A filler usually takes up half a season. 

      Bit these fillers need to have a big effect. The sickness; never heard of since the end of S4A. Hospital; ending completely after Noah's death. 

      I think he should kill Morgan. I think Daryl should've been killed a season and a half ago, but as you said, he's a cashcow. If Daryl took Abraham's death and was killed by Dwight, Abraham FINALLY gets his place as Rick's right hand man (!), Dwight took the crossbow, Negan killed Morgan, at the RIGHT TIME (which in my opinion is Season 7), and then All Out War in late Season 8 or early season 9. Still, that is really early.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:
      I've been saying he will take Glenn's death since the season 5 finale, but I disagree I think he'll die in season 7 finale.

      naaa i think he won't die abraham would and glenn if he would carol obviosly being close woud be the leader of hiltop

        Loading editor
    • No I like the idea of Maggie leading hilltop, I think it would be good for her story if not that make her leader of Alexandria and Rick leader of hilltop.

        Loading editor
    • I really don't want to see Carol lead the Hilltop. She's an unpredictable character, but I think giving her Maggie's role would be a bit much. Though her and comics Maggie have LOTS of similarities. 

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:
      Yeah Carol needs to go but I think if she does go she will take Morgan's comic death or she and Sam will take Jessie and Ron's comic death. If she doesn't die I will be annoyed and hope Negan kills her. However the producers and writers might be afraid to kill her off since she is the last known female Atlanta camp Survivor. She needs to go because I believe she is a bad influence on Rick's decision making and I feel her story is over and shouldn't continue.

      Carol is an awesome character. Her views are common sense, and she keeps Rick from becoming another overly "goodie goodie" character who opposes killing. It is sad that over and over again the group has been screwed over because they didn't kill someone when they had the chance, yet they STILL oppose killing! I hope that Carol sticks around, because if the cast becomes nothing but bland characters (like Glenn) who are spineless pacifists, the show will be ruined. Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones have shown us that morally gray anti-heroes are far more interesting than dull "pure good" characters. Rick and Carol kept season 5 from being complete shit. They carried the season through being awesome, actually complex, characters. 

        Loading editor
    • I believe in some form Daryl will die by the saviors.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:
      Yeah Carol needs to go but I think if she does go she will take Morgan's comic death or she and Sam will take Jessie and Ron's comic death. If she doesn't die I will be annoyed and hope Negan kills her. However the producers and writers might be afraid to kill her off since she is the last known female Atlanta camp Survivor. She needs to go because I believe she is a bad influence on Rick's decision making and I feel her story is over and shouldn't continue.

      Morgan's comic death already went to TV Tyreese.

        Loading editor
    • Ok so here is my new prediction Morgan takes Gleen's death. Tara takes Abraham's death because she seems the closest to him. Carol and Sam take Jessie and Ron's death. I think Carol adopting Sam would be just repeating her adopting Lizzie and Mika in season 4, and wouldn't incresse Her character development. Like I said before Carol is a bad influence on Rick's decision making, she is a men and rude bitch, and she has taken a lot of comic storylines away from characters who could use more development. Another theory of mine is Ron kills her after finding out she threatened him, because I have a feeling that topic will be brought up this season. Also that might be why Rick tackles Ron in the trailer.

        Loading editor
    • What if.... wait no hang with me here.... Negan takes Negan's death. Mindf**k!!!

        Loading editor
    • I don't know how I feel about this... Negan choose a black man and killed him. The viewers exploded and raging. Daryl's the best death for Negan.

        Loading editor
    • I've been thinking this for a while. His comic death was an anti-climax and was later adapted into Tyreese's death last season. I don't think they'd repeat that, so because of his popularity and all-around badassness he must be killed by Negan. 

      I knew it the second he revealed his bo-staff. Just too cool a character to live. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Negan will appear in season 6.

        Loading editor
    • Negan is going to be introduced in the final episode of Season 6. It's been confirmed.

      Yeah, I know the casting call says "Orin", but read the description. That's Negan, right there. No doubt about it.

      I've also kind of had a feeling that Morgan will be the one to fall at Negan's hand in that episode. And...as much as I like Morgan, I think I'd be okay with that. I think it would probably be the best direction they could take.

      I really hope Abraham lasts a while yet, I really like the jovial bent they've given him in the show.

        Loading editor
    • I think Negan will make his 1st appearance in the season 6 finale. When he catches Rick and co. and tells Rick that one of them has to die as a lesson for killing some of his men previously. In the comic, he can't decide which, and decides to choose with the old staple: eany, meany, miney, moe, pick a tiger by the toe.......... and then we'll only get to HEAR him beating someone to death with Lucille, but they WON'T show us who. It'll be the ULTIMATE CLIFFHANGER!!! We'll all have to wait for the season 7 premiere to find out who died at the hand of Negan and Lucille. That's the way I predict it'll happen. Who dies??? My guess is Glenn, even though that would be the same as the comic, it'll be like a double psych job, because everyone expects them to change it. My reasoning is, I think Glenn has to die for Maggie's character to grow into the leader of the Hilltop, one capable of hanging someone later on. She's already becoming that leader now with the help of Deanna. Glenn's death will make her heart hard for the difficult choices to come.

        Loading editor
    • A10acosta wrote:
      I think Negan will make his 1st appearance in the season 6 finale. When he catches Rick and co. and tells Rick that one of them has to die as a lesson for killing some of his men previously. In the comic, he can't decide which, and decides to choose with the old staple: eany, meany, miney, moe, pick a tiger by the toe.......... and then we'll only get to HEAR him beating someone to death with Lucille, but they WON'T show us who. It'll be the ULTIMATE CLIFFHANGER!!! We'll all have to wait for the season 7 premiere to find out who died at the hand of Negan and Lucille. That's the way I predict it'll happen.

      Not to repeat myself, but it's pretty much guaranteed that Negan will make his debut in the Season 6 finale. The idea of his initial victim's identity being withheld until next season is an intriguing one, and would truly be the most brutal cliffhanger ever, though I personally doubt they will go that route. Kirkman is writing that episode and I suspect he's going to want to both reveal who Negan is and demonstrate what he's capable of in the same scene, much the way he did in the comics.

      If I might offer one minor prediction regarding that scene...I'll bet Negan will throw Rick's "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" line back at him. It would be a spectacular way to illustrate his mindset, and would also be the sort of callback that Scott Gimple is fond of using.

        Loading editor
    • A10acosta wrote:
      Who dies??? My guess is Glenn, even though that would be the same as the comic, it'll be like a double psych job, because everyone expects them to change it. My reasoning is, I think Glenn has to die for Maggie's character to grow into the leader of the Hilltop, one capable of hanging someone later on. She's already becoming that leader now with the help of Deanna. Glenn's death will make her heart hard for the difficult choices to come.

      I've seen this argument many times, that Glenn has to die in order to strengthen/harden Maggie to become the leader of Hilltop. But I think it overlooks one of the most fundamental differences between the comics and the TV series...that being that nearly every character on the show is much, MUCH tougher than they were in the comics. The only significant exceptions to this were Dale and Andrea, and well...that's why they're not around anymore. Possibly Carl, too, I guess.

      My point is, TV Maggie could lead the Hilltop right now. Since the end of last season, she's been doing more to hold Alexandria together, at least in terms of the internal community, than almost anyone else. She pulled Sasha and Gabriel back from the edge. She hasn't been learning from Deanna, she's been propping her up; especially since Reg, but even before Aidan, to some extent. Losing Hershel and Beth was her crisis of faith, and she's come through it with her faith and confidence completely renewed. And also, she has killed people already; Glenn has not.

      I think it's also important to note that the core group is much closer, and far more unified, in the TV series than they were in the comics. I don't think Glenn and Maggie will abandon Alexandria in the show, no matter what happens. And for that matter I don't think Maggie will leave, even if Glenn does die. So I think it will likely be another character who takes over the Hilltop, maybe Carol, or possibly even Sasha or Rosita.

        Loading editor
    • Siirlock wrote: If I might offer one minor prediction regarding that scene...I'll bet Negan will throw Rick's "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" line back at him. It would be a spectacular way to illustrate his mindset, and would also be the sort of callback that Scott Gimple is fond of using.

      I absolutely love his idea. Negan throwing this line at Rick would be fuckin Awesome!!! Best idea/prediction I've heard yet. I still think Kirkland/Gimple can get Negan's brutality across without revealing who gets beat to death with Lucille though. I just think it would be a perfect cliffhanger. It would "break the internet" immediately after the show aired, and would be the topic of conversation around "water coolers" for months to come. It would drive TWD fans crazy.

        Loading editor
    • Siirlock wrote: Negan is going to be introduced in the final episode of Season 6. It's been confirmed.

      Yeah, I know the casting call says "Orin", but read the description. That's Negan, right there. No doubt about it.

      I've also kind of had a feeling that Morgan will be the one to fall at Negan's hand in that episode. And...as much as I like Morgan, I think I'd be okay with that. I think it would probably be the best direction they could take.

      I really hope Abraham lasts a while yet, I really like the jovial bent they've given him in the show.

      The description is 100% Negan , no doubt

        Loading editor
    • Negan will take Judith as one of his wives

        Loading editor
    • GoRy wrote:
      Negan will take Judith as one of his wives


      sexual

        Loading editor
    • I find it more likely that Morgan will kill Negan, actually.

      That would be a major crisis for Morgan to deal with, as well as further distancing between comic and TV canon.

        Loading editor
    • I can't see Morgan killing Negan. I think Negan's character will stick around at least as long as the Governor, and probably longer. There's so many directions they can take with him as the main protagonist. Even after they jail him in the comic, you just know he'll get out someday, someway, somehow. He's too juicy a character, that we really still don't know anything about. I want to know his backstory as much as I wanted to know Morgan's on the show.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I would also expect Negan to last at least a couple of seasons. Personally, I'll be surprised if they jail him instead of killing him in the TV series, for numerous reasons, but I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • No, I simply cant see Negan killing Morgan. Very few people in the show are close with Morgan besides Rick and to a certain extent Michonne. Whoever Negan kills has to upset everyone in the group and Alexandria like Glenn in the comics. I still stand by that Negan will kill Daryl as everyone in Rick's group and Alexandria will want to get back at Negan for what he did to someone whos been with the group since day one. If Morgan was killed Rick, would really be the only one who would want to fight back at Negan. Daryl is the perfect candidate to be Lucilled.

        Loading editor
    • The problem with Morgan is that it isn't a game-changing death. Yes, Morgan is a big character, bigger than most of the other main characters, but it doesn't really establish Negan's bloodlust. The only character it would establish hatred towards Negan for is Rick, and possibly Carl and Michone, but definitely Rick. 

      I think it's likely Glenn will get the bat, but I'm hoping it's Daryl. Glenn dying would be awesome (I hate Glenn.) because it would show just how powerful Negan is. Daryl dying would be even better because that would just RIP the fans apart. I don't think it will be Abraham, since Kirkman regrets killing Abraham, and Abraham wouldn't be a monumental death. 

      Either way, I hope they don't cop out on us and just have him kill someone like Abraham, Eugene, Gabriel, Spencer, Aaron, etc. Gimple doesn't really like touching the huge characters. 

        Loading editor
    • I think it could be Morgan even though some people say it won't because he wouldn't leave a big impact. However if Negan does appear in the finale like people are saying it gives Morgan enough time to interact with other characters so he would have a big impact. I don't think Negan is appertaining this season, even though people think orin is him it could be the writers trying to mislead us.

      I honestly hope he kills Carol because she is a fan favorite, and her death would hurt both Rick's group and alexandria because she is involved in the community so her death would be right and show how ruthless Negan is.

      I don't think will be Daryl because even though he is a fan favorite his death would only effect Rick's group and Aaron. Plus Daryl is still an outsider to the alexandians and his death wouldn't effect them really. In my opinion whoever Negan kills should be someone who would effect both Rick's group and alexandria and I don't think Daryl is that character.

        Loading editor
    • JCB95 wrote:
      I think it could be Morgan even though some people say it won't because he wouldn't leave a big impact. However if Negan does appear in the finale like people are saying it gives Morgan enough time to interact with other characters so he would have a big impact. I don't think Negan is appertaining this season, even though people think orin is him it could be the writers trying to mislead us.

      I honestly hope he kills Carol because she is a fan favorite, and her death would hurt both Rick's group and alexandria because she is involved in the community so her death would be right and show how ruthless Negan is.

      I don't think will be Daryl because even though he is a fan favorite his death would only effect Rick's group and Aaron. Plus Daryl is still an outsider to the alexandians and his death wouldn't effect them really. In my opinion whoever Negan kills should be someone who would effect both Rick's group and alexandria and I don't think Daryl is that character.

      i don't think the casting call was ever wrong.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't say the casting call was wrong I ment they could be trying to trick us and not make every Casting call predictable. Just because the description sounds like Negan it could be an original villain which would be a great idea right now.

        Loading editor
    • Gman1108 wrote:
      No, I simply cant see Negan killing Morgan. Very few people in the show are close with Morgan besides Rick and to a certain extent Michonne. Whoever Negan kills has to upset everyone in the group and Alexandria like Glenn in the comics. I still stand by that Negan will kill Daryl as everyone in Rick's group and Alexandria will want to get back at Negan for what he did to someone whos been with the group since day one. If Morgan was killed Rick, would really be the only one who would want to fight back at Negan. Daryl is the perfect candidate to be Lucilled.

      i think with 16 episodes a season would be more than enough time to develop his character he already interacts with carol, daryl, and aaron.

        Loading editor
    • If Morgan's the one to die, I hope he sacrifices himself. "All life is precious," so he gives his life for Rick's or something, like how Eastman gave his life for Morgan's. Gimple LOVES foreshadowing/tying something into the end of the season, so that'd be a great way for Morgan to go.

      However, Negan's coming in the finale. We all know that. There's no way they'd bring him in just for a tease, considering that Dwight's (or someone else has) already been spotted. 

        Loading editor
    • My opinion is, Glenn will take his Comic death, Carol will probably stock around longer, and PS, stop being superficial, I meaning like, why would you look at only the storylines and not the person by who they are, I mean, you call Daryl useless because of his story arc and no development, and Carol because of the way she acts, do you have to be tahta superficial, I like Character's, or hate because ei look at the person they are, not by there development or story arcs, but by there actions and for who they really are, deep down inside, so why does someone have to be superficial

        Loading editor
    • I say Daryl I don't want fan boys getting butt hurt but I didn't really like Daryl in s1 and s2

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.