• So with episode Twice as Far, Abraham has not only made it past his comic death, but past all his comic storylines as well. Even though there's been some remixes with his story i.e. Sasha instead of Holly, and the added PTSD element, Abe's pretty much stuck to his main comic storyline. So with that said, what do you all think will be done with his character from here on out? Do you think he will take on the storyline of another comic character or do you think he'll get his own orginal one? Will he live for a long time, or die within the next season? Heck do you think he might even be eligable to get Lucilled? I've seen opinions that he'll take Nicholas' death from the comics, (That'd be my guess), but what do you think he'll be doing up until that point? Or even past that if he survives?

      Loading editor
    • i can see a lot happening between him and Sasha and maybe helping Eugene more with the building and building ammo and since he does seem to be one of Glenn's constant saviors i could see him stepping in to save Glenn from Lucille if he doesn't get killed sooner. 

        Loading editor
    • As loathe as I am to say it I would kill off Abe in Season 7.

      Holly's comic death was one of the most memorable scenes in the war arc and to skip over it would be losing a great opportunity to show how Negan is both simultaneously cruel and clever. I would swap Holly for Sasha, and Denise for Abe, and let it play out similar to how it did in the book. That way we get that sadistic genius of Negan AND Abe gets to go out in heroic glory.

        Loading editor
    • Zob Rombie wrote:
      As loathe as I am to say it I would kill off Abe in Season 7.

      Holly's comic death was one of the most memorable scenes in the war arc and to skip over it would be losing a great opportunity to show how Negan is both simultaneously cruel and clever. I would swap Holly for Sasha, and Denise for Abe, and let it play out similar to how it did in the book. That way we get that sadistic genius of Negan AND Abe gets to go out in heroic glory.

      the main problem i see with that is i think Sasha is now supposed to be Andrea's replacement as sharpshooter so i don't think they want to kill Sasha off anytime soon. Francine seems to be the one taking Holly's story but if they kill her the same way as Holly would we still kill Abe there since they haven't interacted since he saved her or would they kill someone else with her instead. by what i know about that scene too Denise is supposed to die by a reanimating Holly and that doesn't sound like something Abe would do

        Loading editor
    • Well we will never know... It can even be a Carol and Daryl with Holly, Denise situation.

        Loading editor
    • EnterTheDarkness wrote:
      the main problem i see with that is i think Sasha is now supposed to be Andrea's replacement as sharpshooter so i don't think they want to kill Sasha off anytime soon. Francine seems to be the one taking Holly's story but if they kill her the same way as Holly would we still kill Abe there since they haven't interacted since he saved her or would they kill someone else with her instead. by what i know about that scene too Denise is supposed to die by a reanimating Holly and that doesn't sound like something Abe would do

      Sharpshooters are a replaceable stock, and at this point Michonne is the character that is filling in for Andrea on the most levels.

      Beyond that, doesn't Holly's attack on Negan sound like something Sasha would do with her volatile personality that we've seen on the road? Why would they send a worthless character like Francine to die when the impact is supposed to be from a somewhat important character being "saved" then murdered by Negan? And given that Sasha makes the most sense for the character to replace Holly in that scene, doesn't it then make sense for the person most eager to recuperate Sasha and pull off the bag be Abraham given their budding relationship? And if Abe was bitten during a siege do you think he'd stop for an amputation or keep fighting off the Saviors until it's too late?

      I know the writers like to switch things around and they could just as easily do the scene with Carol and Daryl, but I think things will end different for those two characters leaving Abe and Sasha open to being the ones to play out that scene.

        Loading editor
    • Mother Dick

        Loading editor
    • Zob Rombie wrote:

      I would swap Holly for Sasha, and Denise for Abe, and let it play out similar to how it did in the book. That way we get that sadistic genius of Negan AND Abe gets to go out in heroic glory.

      The problem with this is that the whole reason Holly actually goes on that mission to the Saviours' base is because Abraham has been killed. 

      Sasha will not give up her life, sacrifice herself, after pulling through if Abraham still breathes the air. It just doesn't make any sense. Holly's entire speech is about revenge, just to know Negan and co. are dead and that there is closure. Sasha's volatile behaviour was a result of Tyreese and Bob's deaths. Abraham needs to die before this happens. So unless the timeline is changed around, I don't think so. 

      It's still very much possible they pull a few more tricks up their sleeves and have Sasha still mistaken for Michonne in a hostage situation, or vice versa, but not dead. Sasha could still have the fight in the the tower or higher building, and Abraham thinks he has witnessed Sasha's death. Then Michonne launches an assault like Comic Andrea, but lives, is captured, faces interrogation by Negan and he talks about how much she loves Abraham. A sort of escape scene could ensue, etc. The show has already hinted at splitting moments like this. 

      Which is why I think it's going to be Tara, not Holly who takes the death. And Abraham will take Comic Nicholas' death. Think about how Tara initially felt like an outsider to the group with The Governor. And in her last stand, she wants to take action and take down Negan in revenge for Denise's death, like Holly with Abraham's crossbow death.

      Tara would then bite Rosita, her best friend, and Rosita uses her last moments with her medical knowledge to save someone else's life. A dying Abraham (Comic Nicholas) speaks to Sasha (Paula) and perhaps, she reveals she is pregnant. This could set up the 2 year time skip well. Sasha replaces Rosita and she and her child are starting anew. Then, she could fall victim to Alpha, making it still tragic, because the child is now orphaned. 

        Loading editor
    • I think he may get killed by Negan, which would suck but it would be better than getting shot by Dwight. Personally I think he should die in an all out assault against the Saviors whilst killing a lot of them, then pass away in Eugene and Rosita's arms. That would be sad.

        Loading editor
    • fake af

        Loading editor
    • Zob Rombie wrote:
      EnterTheDarkness wrote:
      the main problem i see with that is i think Sasha is now supposed to be Andrea's replacement as sharpshooter so i don't think they want to kill Sasha off anytime soon. Francine seems to be the one taking Holly's story but if they kill her the same way as Holly would we still kill Abe there since they haven't interacted since he saved her or would they kill someone else with her instead. by what i know about that scene too Denise is supposed to die by a reanimating Holly and that doesn't sound like something Abe would do
      Sharpshooters are a replaceable stock, and at this point Michonne is the character that is filling in for Andrea on the most levels.

      Beyond that, doesn't Holly's attack on Negan sound like something Sasha would do with her volatile personality that we've seen on the road? Why would they send a worthless character like Francine to die when the impact is supposed to be from a somewhat important character being "saved" then murdered by Negan? And given that Sasha makes the most sense for the character to replace Holly in that scene, doesn't it then make sense for the person most eager to recuperate Sasha and pull off the bag be Abraham given their budding relationship? And if Abe was bitten during a siege do you think he'd stop for an amputation or keep fighting off the Saviors until it's too late?

      I know the writers like to switch things around and they could just as easily do the scene with Carol and Daryl, but I think things will end different for those two characters leaving Abe and Sasha open to being the ones to play out that scene.

      ah yeah that makes sense. looks like someone who knows the comics gave a better reason why it won't be Sasha too. Sasha hasn't been volatile for a while now. she seems to have come to terms with things and functioning fine. 

        Loading editor
    • sasha still seems out of it in my factual opinion

        Loading editor
    • EnterTheDarkness wrote:
      ah yeah that makes sense. looks like someone who knows the comics gave a better reason why it won't be Sasha too. Sasha hasn't been volatile for a while now. she seems to have come to terms with things and functioning fine. 

      Sasha was confirmed by writers to have PTSD, so saying she came to terms with anything and is functioning fine isn't really apt. Not being a complete wreck all the time doesn't mean you're okay. Sasha's most basic interactions with people scream awkwardness and issues because she just doesn't act normal around anyone anymore as she once did. 

      Also I've been reading TWD for years before the show was ever created so to assume otherwise is somewhat offensive, especially given nothing was actually said really discredits anything I have. In fact, I think even suggesting Abe would take Nicholas's death is being ridiculous. Why would they take someone with one of the best deaths in the comics, give their death to someone else, and give them a pointless anti-climatic death instead? Kirkman already admitted to ruining Abe by killing him early, so there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'll let Abe off dying what is essentially a background character's death.

        Loading editor
    • Zob Rombie wrote:
      EnterTheDarkness wrote:
      ah yeah that makes sense. looks like someone who knows the comics gave a better reason why it won't be Sasha too. Sasha hasn't been volatile for a while now. she seems to have come to terms with things and functioning fine. 
      Sasha was confirmed by writers to have PTSD, so saying she came to terms with anything and is functioning fine isn't really apt. Not being a complete wreck all the time doesn't mean you're okay. Sasha's most basic interactions with people scream awkwardness and issues because she just doesn't act normal around anyone anymore as she once did. 

      Also I've been reading TWD for years before the show was ever created so to assume otherwise is somewhat offensive, especially given nothing was actually said really discredits anything I have. In fact, I think even suggesting Abe would take Nicholas's death is being ridiculous. Why would they take someone with one of the best deaths in the comics, give their death to someone else, and give them a pointless anti-climatic death instead? Kirkman already admitted to ruining Abe by killing him early, so there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'll let Abe off dying what is essentially a background character's death.

      oh i meant someone who understood the comics better then me gave a better responce. i haven't read the comics and only know basic info and differences and some key moments. i wasn't assuming anything about you. sorry if my wording confused or offended you :/ 

        Loading editor
    • My prediction; Sasha gets comic Holly death, then she bites Abe giving him comic Denise death.

        Loading editor
    • I think he will finish all his storylines and die in All Out War, since we need  a major death there.

        Loading editor
    • I kinda see Tara taking Holly's death, Abraham taking Denise's death, walker Tara taking walker Carol's death and Morgan taking Nicholas' death.

        Loading editor
    • Abe being lucilled would be the worst thang they could do... I think the Nicholas´ death would be good, or maybe Ezekiel´s

        Loading editor
    • Zob Rombie wrote:
      EnterTheDarkness wrote:
      ah yeah that makes sense. looks like someone who knows the comics gave a better reason why it won't be Sasha too. Sasha hasn't been volatile for a while now. she seems to have come to terms with things and functioning fine. 
      Sasha was confirmed by writers to have PTSD, so saying she came to terms with anything and is functioning fine isn't really apt. Not being a complete wreck all the time doesn't mean you're okay. Sasha's most basic interactions with people scream awkwardness and issues because she just doesn't act normal around anyone anymore as she once did. 

      Also I've been reading TWD for years before the show was ever created so to assume otherwise is somewhat offensive, especially given nothing was actually said really discredits anything I have. In fact, I think even suggesting Abe would take Nicholas's death is being ridiculous. Why would they take someone with one of the best deaths in the comics, give their death to someone else, and give them a pointless anti-climatic death instead? Kirkman already admitted to ruining Abe by killing him early, so there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'll let Abe off dying what is essentially a background character's death.

      Right, and Abraham has PTSD too. And Michonne. And other characters. I'm not saying your idea is invalid, it's perfectly valid, but the problem is the idea that Sasha would do so without the motivation of Abraham's death. It's a matter of the timeline and how it needs to fit. Sasha's obviously found a way to move on past her losses, and 601 and 606 prove this. She's been with Abraham, trying to help him with his own struggles with PTSD. SMG has said Sasha wants to honour the deaths of Bob and Tyreese, and simply live her life and provide for a community. Doing what Holly did, without the death of Abraham is just nonsensical. It's reverting her character development. Something needs to set her off again in order for logic to apply, which is the death of Abraham. Your mentions of her volatile action were sparked from the recent losses of Tyreese and Bob. 

      Sasha could still get Holly's death and it's likely, she could bite any person, but Abraham will have to die before her no matter what. In the comic, Holly has a lot to gain. Sasha's survivor's guilt plays well if Abraham dies before her, and she's back to where she was. She wants Dwight to die, the man who killed Abraham. If Abraham isn't dead, does she just randomly decide to point the figure at them because they're assholes? Do you see what I mean now? I think this is more of a matter of understanding Sasha as a character more than understanding the comic source material, and I know both well.

      Abraham being killed by Dwight or another random Saviour in battle works well to set it up. So that leaves the question of who Sasha will bite. Tara? Probably. 

      This might be a bit too predictable. Well, I've been calling all the deaths for a while, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this comes into play. Personally, Tara receiving Holly's death then biting Rosita, while Abraham later dies in the final machete killings at the Hilltop with Sasha putting him down like she wasn't allowed to do with Bob, it brings everything full circle. 

      Also, Abraham getting Nicholas' death is as offensive as Sasha getting Holly's death, depending on your opinion of that. Because both are insignificant characters compared to the characters that will die in the show, speaking hypothetically here of course if the given scenarios occur. So really, I don't see your problem with that. And why would they do this? It's the war. They want to make deaths matter in the war on the show.

      Edit: The comic had a problem with killing off two major players dying before the war even began. And then started killing off a bunch of minor characters. On the show, it appears to be the opposite. Minor characters dying this season repeatedly, then some of the more recognisable faces get the chopping block when things get really big. Abraham doesn't even have to specifically get Nicholas' comic death by the way. But have a heroic death before Sasha dies, which is all I'm saying.

      To summarise, Abraham dies before Sasha in every regard. That's all I'm saying. 

        Loading editor
    • your saying now belongs to negan

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.