• Elfrax
    Elfrax closed this thread because:
    Thread revival
    12:34, October 1, 2019

    I've noticed that no one's really had a discussion about the villains in TWDG, so here we go! Basically, comment which villain you think is the worst and why. Or you could just leave out the why and put whoever you think is a villain. Or could there be a character of whom you think to be a villain and no one else has noticed?!

    Get typin'.

      Loading editor
    • That is a tough one, most of the characters in TWDG had a reason behind their actions whether for a motive or a reason, like S1 Ep.2, the dairy farmers ate people because food is scarce, S1 Ep.3, the Bandits attacked other groups to keep their groups fed and have medicine available, S1 Ep.5, the Stranger who took Clem and almost killed Lee wanted revenge for his family blaming him for no food and them getting killed later, S2 Episode 3, Carver was willing to kill anyone to keep his people safe and rebuild a society. But their are those some that come pretty close to worse villain's than the ones described recently, second pick would be Arvo from S2 Ep.4-5, and I'm not saying he'd wouldn't be first, but I can understand some of his motives between the episodes, his sister got killed and he was blinded by rage, but it could have changed differently, I tried to be the nicest to him in every possible choice, and he still decides to come back and attack Clem's group and take their stuff, he even turns Mike and Bonnie against you, and still shoots no matter what, but he's still a kid and he doesn't think before he acts, so there is some reason behind that, but in the end my first choice would have to be Nate from S1 DLC, he manipulates anyone he can use, he's a sociopath that does whatever he thinks is fun, even killing people, and he's an adult who knows what he is doing is wrong, so he must have a few screws lose in the head, and gives no shits about other people or mankind in general...villains without a motive or reason are just the worse and most unstable, and Nate takes the cake, that's my thoughts, I tried to think concretely on this for a while with some of my gameplay!!!

        Loading editor
    • Carver, he's a great villain.

        Loading editor
    • ARKON64 wrote: That is a tough one, most of the characters in TWDG had a reason behind their actions whether for a motive or a reason, like S1 Ep.2, the dairy farmers ate people because food is scarce, S1 Ep.3, the Bandits attacked other groups to keep their groups fed and have medicine available, S1 Ep.5, the Stranger who took Clem and almost killed Lee wanted revenge for his family blaming him for no food and them getting killed later, S2 Episode 3, Carver was willing to kill anyone to keep his people safe and rebuild a society. But their are those some that come pretty close to worse villain's than the ones described recently, second pick would be Arvo from S2 Ep.4-5, and I'm not saying he'd wouldn't be first, but I can understand some of his motives between the episodes, his sister got killed and he was blinded by rage, but it could have changed differently, I tried to be the nicest to him in every possible choice, and he still decides to come back and attack Clem's group and take their stuff, he even turns Mike and Bonnie against you, and still shoots no matter what, but he's still a kid and he doesn't think before he acts, so there is some reason behind that, but in the end my first choice would have to be Nate from S1 DLC, he manipulates anyone he can use, he's a sociopath that does whatever he thinks is fun, even killing people, and he's an adult who knows what he is doing is wrong, so he must have a few screws lose in the head, and gives no shits about other people or mankind in general...villains without a motive or reason are just the worse and most unstable, and Nate takes the cake, that's my thoughts, I tried to think concretely on this for a while with some of my gameplay!!!

      Brilliantly thought-through; despite the villains actions to save people, it did include harming others and it's things like that that lead to war.

        Loading editor
    • Dr Virus 129 wrote:

      ARKON64 wrote: That is a tough one, most of the characters in TWDG had a reason behind their actions whether for a motive or a reason, like S1 Ep.2, the dairy farmers ate people because food is scarce, S1 Ep.3, the Bandits attacked other groups to keep their groups fed and have medicine available, S1 Ep.5, the Stranger who took Clem and almost killed Lee wanted revenge for his family blaming him for no food and them getting killed later, S2 Episode 3, Carver was willing to kill anyone to keep his people safe and rebuild a society. But their are those some that come pretty close to worse villain's than the ones described recently, second pick would be Arvo from S2 Ep.4-5, and I'm not saying he'd wouldn't be first, but I can understand some of his motives between the episodes, his sister got killed and he was blinded by rage, but it could have changed differently, I tried to be the nicest to him in every possible choice, and he still decides to come back and attack Clem's group and take their stuff, he even turns Mike and Bonnie against you, and still shoots no matter what, but he's still a kid and he doesn't think before he acts, so there is some reason behind that, but in the end my first choice would have to be Nate from S1 DLC, he manipulates anyone he can use, he's a sociopath that does whatever he thinks is fun, even killing people, and he's an adult who knows what he is doing is wrong, so he must have a few screws lose in the head, and gives no shits about other people or mankind in general...villains without a motive or reason are just the worse and most unstable, and Nate takes the cake, that's my thoughts, I tried to think concretely on this for a while with some of my gameplay!!!

      Brilliantly thought-through; despite the villains actions to save people, it did include harming others and it's things like that that lead to war.

      Fair point, but then again it's not like that many people have clean blood on their hands in the walking dead, but some still try to be good people!

        Loading editor
    • Indeed, people like Negan try to be good, at first I thought he was a The Governor 2.0, but it turns out he is very different in quite a few ways. Check out his personality, it will shock you, I guarantee it.

      But in all honesty, there's no one in TWD Comic, TV or Game that has clean hands, if they do have clean hands well... it won't be clean any longer. Take Clem for example, when we all first saw her she was a defenceless, innocent little girl. Now... well, you know what happened to Lee...

        Loading editor
    • IMO, Carver, Nate, or that bitch who shot Omid.

        Loading editor
    • Carver without a doubt

        Loading editor
    • Telltale is the worst villain in TWDG. They refuse to reveal the fate of Christa, Lilly. Not to mention, they killed Lee and Omid. But their worst crime is the treatment of Kenny and Jane in S3.

        Loading editor
    • i dont know why but crawford is considered a villian and i think thats stupid

        Loading editor
    • Crawford was considered villainous because... well, it was a group of adults willing to execute the sick, the elderly and even the children to save their own skin.

        Loading editor
    • TheCreator903 wrote:
      Telltale is the worst villain in TWDG. They refuse to reveal the faith of Christa, Lilly. Not to mention, they killed Lee and Omid. But their worst crime is the treatment of Kenny and Jane in S3.

      Hate to be " Mr. Grammar Police".  I think you "fate" not "faith".

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
      TheCreator903 wrote:
      Telltale is the worst villain in TWDG. They refuse to reveal the faith of Christa, Lilly. Not to mention, they killed Lee and Omid. But their worst crime is the treatment of Kenny and Jane in S3.
      Hate to be " Mr. Grammar Police".  I think you "fate" not "faith".

      Thanks, surprised I mixed the two up

        Loading editor
    • Carver, New Frontier, and Oberson. The rest are poorly written.

        Loading editor
    • Carver is 1st, Arvo is 2nd. If he's even considered a villain.

        Loading editor
    • Gerald-XR-Donovan wrote:
      Carver, New Frontier, and Oberson. The rest are poorly written.

      Oberson was barely in this story, so I can't call him a villain exactly.

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:
      Gerald-XR-Donovan wrote:
      Carver, New Frontier, and Oberson. The rest are poorly written.
      Oberson was barely in this story, so I can't call him a villain exactly.

      His motives however, are not just made out of the top of their heads. You could even consider Oberson a neo-nazi because he wants to build a "masterrace".

        Loading editor
    • ZukeTheDuke wrote:
      Tdfern14 wrote:
      Gerald-XR-Donovan wrote:
      Carver, New Frontier, and Oberson. The rest are poorly written.
      Oberson was barely in this story, so I can't call him a villain exactly.
      His motives however, are not just made out of the top of their heads. You could even consider Oberson a neo-nazi because he wants to build a "masterrace".

      More like perfect survival society as Only the Strong live, and the Weak die. Or I least that is how I perceived it.

        Loading editor
    • Arvo or Molly 

        Loading editor
    • Narutorulez wrote: Arvo or Molly 

      Arvo I can totally understand but why Molly?
      
        Loading editor
    • arvo, obviously. 

        Loading editor
    • Narutorulez wrote: Arvo or Molly 

      Molly wasnt a antagonist

        Loading editor
    • Tdfern14 wrote:

      Narutorulez wrote: Arvo or Molly 

      Arvo I can totally understand but why Molly?

      way to nice 

        Loading editor
    • Narutorulez wrote:

      Tdfern14 wrote:

      Narutorulez wrote: Arvo or Molly 

      Arvo I can totally understand but why Molly?

      way to nice 

      If that's the case then TV series Tyreese was secretly a villain too.

        Loading editor
    • Wwefan2 wrote:

      Narutorulez wrote:

      Tdfern14 wrote:

      Narutorulez wrote: Arvo or Molly 

      Arvo I can totally understand but why Molly?
      way to nice 
      If that's the case then TV series Tyreese was secretly a villain too.

      He was. 

        Loading editor
    • Narutorulez wrote:

      He was. 

      ...



      Bonnie

        Loading editor
    • I'm a fan of villains with a clear motive, so the Stranger from Season 1 or Norma from the Michonne DLC are big favourites due to how easy they were to understand, since they had nothing left at the end of the day. The Stranger lost all his supplies to Lee and his group, and Norma lost her settlement and the majority of its survivors to Michonne. Both wanted revenge for this (plus Norma wanted her brother) so they pushed on till they could kill them, which makes them threatening.

      Worst, though? Carver by a long shot. Dude was straight evil. Murdered Reggie, Walter, Alvin, beat Kenny half to death, was going to murder Sarita and hinted that he raped Rebecca. Manipulative, intimidating and ruthless, Carver was written perfectly and stands as the worst villain by far if Season 4 changes that.

      The least successful villain I'd say is Arvo or Joan, although both caused casualties, their motives weren't as thought through.

        Loading editor
    • Murpharl wrote: I'm a fan of villains with a clear motive, so the Stranger from Season 1 or Norma from the Michonne DLC are big favourites due to how easy they were to understand, since they had nothing left at the end of the day. The Stranger lost all his supplies to Lee and his group, and Norma lost her settlement and the majority of its survivors to Michonne. Both wanted revenge for this (plus Norma wanted her brother) so they pushed on till they could kill them, which makes them threatening.

      Worst, though? Carver by a long shot. Dude was straight evil. Murdered Reggie, Walter, Alvin, beat Kenny half to death, was going to murder Sarita and hinted that he raped Rebecca. Manipulative, intimidating and ruthless, Carver was written perfectly and stands as the worst villain by far if Season 4 changes that.

      The least successful villain I'd say is Arvo or Joan, although both caused casualties, their motives weren't as thought through.

      What's really the difference between "best villain" & "worst villain" because you make it sound like they are either terribly developed or well not as convincingly bad. I am not I disagree with your choices.
      However you sure Rebecca was raped because it seems like they both consented. 
      Lastly I do like Norma & Stranger as they were sympathetic because they are not bad people well initially anyway.
      
        Loading editor
    • If you mean worst from which is the least interesting and baddest written villain, I think I'd go with Arvo.

      If you mean worst from most sadistic or evil villain, I think I'd go with Carver. 

      Oh this thread was revived...

        Loading editor
    • Freaky Ass Smile Lord wrote: If you mean worst from which is the least interesting and baddest written villain, I think I'd go with Arvo.

      If you mean worst from most sadistic or evil villain, I think I'd go with Carver. 

      Oh this thread was revived...

      Its kinda confusing what you are describing as worst. Just saying it can be vague.
      Seriously this was a dead thread? Isn't there a administrator that are supposed to closed down old threads?
      
        Loading editor
    • Carver was really interesting character. Unfortunately, he died pretty fast and we could not know him better. The things he was saying were curious and I would love to listen to his other monologues.

        Loading editor
    • Imho, if we're going by what the villains have done, I'd have a top 5 like this:

      1. Carver

      2. Marlon from Final Season

      3. Crawford

      4. Oberson

      5. Stranger



      The first four have reasons, but take those reasons to the point of delusion, believing any action they take is right if it furthers their cause.  Stranger is different, having a legit motive for his actions and having a cracked but otherwise solid moral compass.  Others like the dairy farm family are similar but act out of desperation.  Those who kill and have no regrets are the sickest and evilest of the bunch, and as such top my list.

        Loading editor
    • Darthvader456 wrote: Imho, if we're going by what the villains have done, I'd have a top 5 like this:

      1. Carver

      2. Marlon from Final Season

      3. Crawford

      4. Oberson

      5. Stranger



      The first four have reasons, but take those reasons to the point of delusion, believing any action they take is right if it furthers their cause.  Stranger is different, having a legit motive for his actions and having a cracked but otherwise solid moral compass.  Others like the dairy farm family are similar but act out of desperation.  Those who kill and have no regrets are the sickest and evilest of the bunch, and as such top my list.

      Marlon was hardly a villain & Oberson was never seen other than a walker. Although I liked to see the villain of the Final Season of whomever is leading the Raiders.
      
        Loading editor
    • Carver

        Loading editor
    • Darthvader456 wrote:
      Imho, if we're going by what the villains have done, I'd have a top 5 like this:

      1. Carver

      2. Marlon from Final Season

      3. Crawford

      4. Oberson

      5. Stranger



      The first four have reasons, but take those reasons to the point of delusion, believing any action they take is right if it furthers their cause.  Stranger is different, having a legit motive for his actions and having a cracked but otherwise solid moral compass.  Others like the dairy farm family are similar but act out of desperation.  Those who kill and have no regrets are the sickest and evilest of the bunch, and as such top my list.

      Marlon definitely regretted what he did I think. Pretty sure he kept it all in until that encounter with Clementine. A person with no regrets doesn't act that unhinged. He hated himself.

        Loading editor
    • Carvor, to me marlon wasnt really a villain he was just a scared kid who hated himself for being bad and regretted everything he did

        Loading editor
    • The Stranger, simply because of how sanctimonious he was. At least Carver made no bones about it.

        Loading editor
    • I think Norma is the worst, because to me she is not a villain at all: everything she did was totally reasonable

      The real worst villain is Samantha, because she is just a pure bad person

        Loading editor
    • Wunze wrote: I think Norma is the worst, because to me she is not a villain at all: everything she did was totally reasonable

      The real worst villain is Samantha, because she is just a pure bad person

      What about Randall though? I disagree about Samantha because she hardly qualifies as a villain.

        Loading editor
    • Shouldn't this thread be closed already?

        Loading editor
    • Badger is the most insane villain since he never shows any shred of sanity. At least Carver is smart and can run a community, even if is is a psychopath. Then there's Randall who initially wasn't that psychopathic.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.