• Siddiq (Comic Series) and Siddiq (Video Game) are 2 different articles concerning the same character in the same continuity. Seems to me like they should be made into one article, no?

      Loading editor
    • No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.

        Loading editor
    • Michonne, Pete, Glenn and Jesus are also characterd both in comic. But have seperate pages. Best to keep each charecter separate per medium.

        Loading editor
    • We always keep pages separate between different medias. Continuity or not. 

        Loading editor
    • DalesRV wrote:
      No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.

      What do you mean? The games are confirmed to the canon to the comic though.

        Loading editor
    • The Fancy Fedora wrote:

      DalesRV wrote:
      No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.

      What do you mean? The games are confirmed to the canon to the comic though.

      There is no one canon story from the Video Games in the Comic universe. There are multiple outcomes depending on what you choose.

        Loading editor
    • JackDelMars wrote:

      The Fancy Fedora wrote:

      DalesRV wrote:
      No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.
      What do you mean? The games are confirmed to the canon to the comic though.
      There is no one canon story from the Video Games in the Comic universe. There are multiple outcomes depending on what you choose.

      That and there are points where the Video Game directly contradicts the Comics, like with Shawn's death for example.

        Loading editor
    • JackDelMars wrote:

      The Fancy Fedora wrote:

      DalesRV wrote:
      No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.
      What do you mean? The games are confirmed to the canon to the comic though.
      There is no one canon story from the Video Games in the Comic universe. There are multiple outcomes depending on what you choose.

      Oh yeah that makes sense, the general plot is still canon though, just small details change. Thats one of the reasons why the games' choices don't change all that much, because they can't deviate it and have loads of different endings when its canon to the comics which have a fixed story.

        Loading editor
    • DalesRV wrote:
      JackDelMars wrote:

      The Fancy Fedora wrote:


      DalesRV wrote:
      No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.
      What do you mean? The games are confirmed to the canon to the comic though.
      There is no one canon story from the Video Games in the Comic universe. There are multiple outcomes depending on what you choose.
      That and there are points where the Video Game directly contradicts the Comics, like with Shawn's death for example.

      If I remember correctly, all it says about Shawn that is different from the game is that he died a few days after being bit. While in the game, yes, it does look as if he died there and then. It's always possible to retcon that as Shawn possibly passing out or something and then clinging onto life for a few days. Maybe Hershel lost track of time during his grieving and doesn't really know how much time passed. While this is speculation, a small thing like this can't be massive evidence for the games not being fully canon.

        Loading editor
    • The Fancy Fedora wrote:
      DalesRV wrote:
      JackDelMars wrote:

      The Fancy Fedora wrote:


      DalesRV wrote:
      No, because the Video Game continuity is not necesseraly canon in the Comic universe.
      What do you mean? The games are confirmed to the canon to the comic though.
      There is no one canon story from the Video Games in the Comic universe. There are multiple outcomes depending on what you choose.
      That and there are points where the Video Game directly contradicts the Comics, like with Shawn's death for example.
      If I remember correctly, all it says about Shawn that is different from the game is that he died a few days after being bit. While in the game, yes, it does look as if he died there and then. It's always possible to retcon that as Shawn possibly passing out or something and then clinging onto life for a few days. Maybe Hershel lost track of time during his grieving and doesn't really know how much time passed. While this is speculation, a small thing like this can't be massive evidence for the games not being fully canon.

      Nah, he definitely died imediately in the Video Game. It might be a minor inconsitency, but details like that matter imo. Besides, I don't think Kirkman himself ever said the Video Game is canon in the Comics, did he? There isn't really a single event in the Video Game that directly ties into the Comics. The closest it got was with Michonne's daughters, who were named in the Video Game first, but even that is kinda iffy, considering she mentioned her daughters shortly after her introduction in the comics, just not by name.

        Loading editor
    • We don't need evidence for the games not being fully canon. Unless Kirkman himself (not a Telltale employee, nor any of his subordinates) says "Everything that happens in the games happens in the Comics", they're not. I can't find anything like that in his Letter Hacks. If you can think of anything like that let us know.

        Loading editor
    • The Walking Dead - Robert Kirkman (Telltale Games YouTube Channel)

      0:51 to 1:31 Krikman: "The way the show works is we're changing things up so you're seeing a different Rick's story, but this game is very much set in the universe of the comic book series and if you were playing as Rick you would basically be doing the same stuff or you would be playing some bs game that doesn't really have anything to do with the comic series. What's unique about this game is by focusing on a character that isn't key to the comic book series you're able to see stories that actually do matter to the continuity. You're seeing- you're going to be seeing like Glenn for instance; that's the comic book Glenn. The story that happened in this game actually happened in the universe of The Walking Dead comic book series."

      Wrote it all out cos I wanted something to do lol but theres confirmation that the story in the Telltale games is canon to the comic book from Kirkman himself.

        Loading editor
    • The Fancy Fedora wrote:
      The Walking Dead - Robert Kirkman (Telltale Games YouTube Channel)

      0:51 to 1:31 Krikman: "The way the show works is we're changing things up so you're seeing a different Rick's story, but this game is very much set in the universe of the comic book series and if you were playing as Rick you would basically be doing the same stuff or you would be playing some bs game that doesn't really have anything to do with the comic series. What's unique about this game is by focusing on a character that isn't key to the comic book series you're able to see stories that actually do matter to the continuity. You're seeing- you're going to be seeing like Glenn for instance; that's the comic book Glenn. The story that happened in this game actually happened in the universe of The Walking Dead comic book series."

      Wrote it all out cos I wanted something to do lol but theres confirmation that the story in the Telltale games is canon to the comic book from Kirkman himself.

      I can see how that might seem like confirmation, but he could simpy be saying that the game takes place in the comic book universe, meaning the Comic Series events are canon in the Video Game, but not necesseraly vice versa. Not saying you're wrong either, I'm just basing this off events in the game and comic book. Basically, when it comes down to it, there isn't really a strong link between the two imo. In any case, the pages should stay seperate, just like the Novel and Comic pages.

        Loading editor
    • DalesRV wrote:
      The Fancy Fedora wrote:
      The Walking Dead - Robert Kirkman (Telltale Games YouTube Channel)

      0:51 to 1:31 Krikman: "The way the show works is we're changing things up so you're seeing a different Rick's story, but this game is very much set in the universe of the comic book series and if you were playing as Rick you would basically be doing the same stuff or you would be playing some bs game that doesn't really have anything to do with the comic series. What's unique about this game is by focusing on a character that isn't key to the comic book series you're able to see stories that actually do matter to the continuity. You're seeing- you're going to be seeing like Glenn for instance; that's the comic book Glenn. The story that happened in this game actually happened in the universe of The Walking Dead comic book series."

      Wrote it all out cos I wanted something to do lol but theres confirmation that the story in the Telltale games is canon to the comic book from Kirkman himself.

      I can see how that might seem like confirmation, but he could simpy be saying that the game takes place in the comic book universe, meaning the Comic Series events are canon in the Video Game, but not necesseraly vice versa. Not saying you're wrong either, I'm just basing this off events in the game and comic book. Basically, when it comes down to it, there isn't really a strong link between the two imo. In any case, the pages should stay seperate, just like the Novel and Comic pages.

      Yeah I get that. I agree that they should stay seperate too but in my opinion this is full confirmation that they take place in the same universe and if he meant that the comic is canon to the game but not vice versa then I feel he would have been more clear about that. But yeah I'm not trying to say you're wrong or anything btw :P I think we should agree to disagree in this situation.

      EDIT: I just want to add on real quick though that he mentioned that the story in the game did happen in the comic series in that last sentence. You can probably still get other impressions from that though.

        Loading editor
    • Well, you delivered. I still think it's too weird to be true, but you delivered.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.