• So I played the final episode of Season 1 and cut Lee's arm off and he does seem a bit better than if you don't, less fainting. And it had me wondering if cutting the arm off worked and it was losing the arm the way he did that killed him. I asked around and found that losing an arm and not treating it properly (like it being just bandaged by nonmedical professionals like Kenny, Christa, Omid, or Ben) can cause death, especially if the person who lost a lot of blood started doing physical activity, like jumping buildings, and fighting. So I wonder if cutting the arm off worked and he was just killed by pushing too hard too fast.

      Loading editor
    • It could have been a number of things. Maybe it was too late to cut the arm off and it just slowed down the infection, maybe it was getting zombie blood all over him (As we can see in the show and comic this can lead to infections/death), maybe it was blood loss. Hell, he can get bit multiple times in the herd.

        Loading editor
    • I'm thinking it was the bite. In most cases in The Walking Dead, you have mere minutes to amputate. He waited however long it took to get back inside, to tell them what happened to Clementine, to try to find her with Vernon's people, then the argument over whether to cut it off.

      As to how he lasted long enough to find Clem, it's always varied (TV Jim stays on his feet the whole night and helps with the aftermath of the attack) and Lee is normally about as healthy and strong as survivors come. The timeline is sketchy anyway, not really sure how long it took to find her.

        Loading editor
    • RazeSpear wrote: I'm thinking it was the bite. In most cases in The Walking Dead, you have mere minutes to amputate. He waited however long it took to get back inside, to tell them what happened to Clementine, to try to find her with Vernon's people, then the argument over whether to cut it off.

      As to how he lasted long enough to find Clem, it's always varied (TV Jim stays on his feet the whole night and helps with the aftermath of the attack) and Lee is normally about as healthy and strong as survivors come. The timeline is sketchy anyway, not really sure how long it took to find her.

      Iirc, Vernon’s hideout wasn’t that far away from the mansion. However I’m still leaning towards the bite just because Lee passes out there which pretty much proved that the infection was already spreading.

        Loading editor
    • Gerald-XR-Donovan wrote:

      RazeSpear wrote: I'm thinking it was the bite. In most cases in The Walking Dead, you have mere minutes to amputate. He waited however long it took to get back inside, to tell them what happened to Clementine, to try to find her with Vernon's people, then the argument over whether to cut it off.

      As to how he lasted long enough to find Clem, it's always varied (TV Jim stays on his feet the whole night and helps with the aftermath of the attack) and Lee is normally about as healthy and strong as survivors come. The timeline is sketchy anyway, not really sure how long it took to find her.

      Iirc, Vernon’s hideout wasn’t that far away from the mansion. However I’m still leaning towards the bite just because Lee passes out there which pretty much proved that the infection was already spreading.

      But if you cut it off he does not pass out till the end of the episode, which takes place after running, jumping buildings, escapting the undead, fighting through the undead, then a fight with The Stranger. And if he get's bitten again it becomes a moot point there, but if not than it might be different.

        Loading editor
    • Doesn't he pass out at least once climbing the elevator shaft regardless?

        Loading editor
    • Nope, I played through it and he is concious until walking the street with Clementine. He only passes out if he still has the arm.

        Loading editor
    • Valenthyne wrote: Nope, I played through it and he is concious until walking the street with Clementine. He only passes out if he still has the arm.

      As I suggested before, it’s possible cutting the arm off just slowed down the infection. But I’m not a doctor or anything so my theory is probably worth as much as you’d think lmao.

        Loading editor
    • His bite was merely hours before his  amputation or did not amputate it at all, The infection took over him, and thats what killed him

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.