• I noticed how for characters we use the most current picture of that character. I was wondering if we could make tabs for previous images. This is what I'm trying to say for example Clementine. COuld we also put a tab for her images from season 1 to the final season? With two of the walking dead series over I think it would be cool if we showed viewers what characters looked like from when they started to when the series ended for them, provide a sense of nostalgia. As for other characters in the TV or Comic series, I dont think we should do it season to season per se, but perhaps in between when a year or so have past and they display visible changes to the time frame.

      Loading editor
    • This topic is something that has already been discussed over the years and which has always been said no, to avoid problems with the code. Since there are character galleries, it's not a real necessity. 

        Loading editor
    • Yeah we usually have this conversation every year lmao, here's the last one which pretty much sums it all up;

      https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:407742#14

        Loading editor
    • Oh if there's Problems with the Mobil devices there's nothing I can do, but later today would you mind if I text a page and see if the problem is still occuring.

        Loading editor
    • Sure bro I'd never wanna get in the way of your creative advancements !

        Loading editor
    • Pastelhaxe wrote: Sure bro I'd never wanna get in the way of your creative advancements !

      Pastelhaxe, I've figured out the issue. I incorpatted coding that I know from this other wiki on how we can structure multiple tabs. I used Henry from the kingdom check the history.Also, I made sure to test it on mobile device and see no problems. With your permission as administrator may I please do this with other pages, I know I can't pass this along as general consensus.

        Loading editor
    • the “year” thing does look pretty nice, I’d definitely love to have that as a thing if others agree to it too

        Loading editor
    • I really like the "year" thing.

        Loading editor
    • The year thing is okay, but most of the characters don’t really change much besides hair length. It’d only really apply to a few characters, eg Carl, Judith, Henry.

        Loading editor
    • Good point. I was honestly planning to leave characters who have stayed entirely the same alone such as Morgan, Rosita and a few others.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe not Morgan, but other characters like maybe Andrea, Abraham and Lori?

        Loading editor
    • Gerald-XR-Donovan wrote: The year thing is okay, but most of the characters don’t really change much besides hair length. It’d only really apply to a few characters, eg Carl, Judith, Henry.

      You're right since it would just show hair growth, but with this kind of show it's actually pretty telling. Since the majority of these characters are survivors, hair length, visible scarring and the presence of dirt can show the audience the kind of things they've been through an indication of how much time as passed and how well the survivors take care of themselves during the course of the story.

        Loading editor
    • IblisTheEternalSunGod wrote:

      Gerald-XR-Donovan wrote: The year thing is okay, but most of the characters don’t really change much besides hair length. It’d only really apply to a few characters, eg Carl, Judith, Henry.

      You're right since it would just show hair growth, but with this kind of show it's actually pretty telling. Since the majority of these characters are survivors, hair length, visible scarring and the presence of dirt can show the audience the kind of things they've been through an indication of how much time as passed and how well the survivors take care of themselves during the course of the story.

      Yeah true but look at characters like Daryl and Rick. They had about 3 noticeable hair growths per season lmao. Plus with Rick you’d need to include his shave in Season 5 and it’s just too confusing. This is what the gallery is for anyway.

        Loading editor
    • You're right about characters like Daryl and Rick, but to me at least, the quantity of images aren't the selling point, it's more to show us as an audience how far the characters have come from when we first saw them.

      I hadn't really considered Rick's shave. I didn't see it as essential because I saw it as being a callback to his season 1 look while holding his season 5 mentality.

      I'm probably splitting when I say this next thing, but to me most galleries are really just to provide an image of a character's actions and not so much about the character themselves. I'm referring to the overall quality of the photo or how many of them don't naturally focus on the character themselves but rather what they're doing in the frame. However, I recognize this is my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.