Tommy, simply known as Tom, is a character that appears in The Walking Dead: Road to Survival.
Nothing is known about Tom's life before the outbreak, except that he was a nurse in the hospital.
At the beginning of the outbreak Tom worked in a hospital and saved a newborn baby named Sam, whose family did not come for him. Over the next few years, Tom taught the boy survival skills and even reading, as he thought it still mattered.
Tom and Sam were in Ann Arbor when they met Arturo's group. When Arturo asked for their help, Tom helped them deal with the walkers. After learning that the survivors were heading to Detroit, Tom suggested that they walk together to the town of Ypsilanti, where his friend Nick lives, who promised to make a new wheelchair for Sam. The survivors agreed and left for Ypsilanti after breakfast.
While traveling to Ypsilanti, the group was attacked by bandits at car dealership. The group managed to leave the territory of the bandits, but Isabella was wounded in the leg, which is why the group decides to stay overnight in one of the abandoned shops, after Arturo, Aira and Tyler killed the walkers.
The next day, the group meets Nick. They help him bring the materials to his workshop. However, they are soon attacked by bandits who want to kill Nick and Sam, due to their disabilities. The leader of the gang orders to get rid of Tom first.However, the survivors fight off the attack and when Sam gets his chair, Tom feels relieved that his back can rest. After dealing with the walkers, Tom says goodbye to Arturo's group which is heading to Canada.
As A Playable Character
Sam and Tom - "Messenger for the Commonwealth"
- Persona: Mythic
- Trait: Alert
- Role: Damage
- Rarity: Gold Mythic
- Allegiance: Member of Young Survivors.
- Leader Skill: Does not have one.
- Adrenaline Rush: Hit Them High (Deal 450% damage to up to 2 enemies, up to 3 enemies get Impair for 1 turn.)
- Active Skill: Does not have one.
- Specialist Skill: Cutthroat II (Whenever this character deals damage to a fighter that is under the effect of a debilitating status, they will deal 100% extra damage.)
- Signature Move: Hit Them Low (Up to 2 enemies get Daze and -20% defense for 2 turns.)
- Mythic Abilities
- Agility (+20.0% increase in basic attack damage.)
- Shrug It Off (When this character starts their turn, 35% chance to recover from all penalties.)
- Demoralize (When attacking, the target enemy gets -20 AP.)
- Scorn (When an enemy dies with a debilitating status, this character gets +100% AP.)
- Special Weapon: Sam's Violent Hunting Slingshot
- Slot 1: +25% ATK
- Slot 2: A medium bonus to AP when attacking
- Slot 3: Regain 100% HP at the beginning of each wave.
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed survivors
- "Sam and Tom - Messenger for the Commonwealth" is the third character to count as two separate characters in both name and appearance. The others are both counterparts of Marlon, who is always paired with (and his weapon being) Rosie.
- "Sam and Tom - Messenger for the Commonwealth" was originally a member of the Militia allegiance in their reveal post and video, but were changed to Young Survivors post-release. It is unknown if the Militia allegiance was accidental.