|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the actress, or the states.|
- "We had to. We do this kind of thing for a reason, and we don't do it lightly, ma'am. A rio revuelto, ganancia de pescadores. We all know Logan was a liability, he couldn't be trusted. (...) Well, you're not exactly hermits. We've been watching you for a while now, on and off screen. We like what you're doin', so much so we think there's a way we can all help each other. The biggest weakness in your operation is that you think too small, your convoy works mostly, but "mostly" don't do it, does it? Think of us more like the pioneers. (...) Yes, sir, settlers. Settling everything, everywhere, it's no different than what you're doing with your outposts, only bigger, and, if I may, better. You know, said the king-sized catfish to the crappie, in a hundred years, people may look back and think our methods are ruthless and unkind, but there will be people to look back. We got people everywhere around these parts, you help us, we can help you. Dwight, if your wife is still alive, we can help you find her, and June we can help you find that sweet little place you've been looking for. You two need someplace to brew, don't you? We can help you find that, too. And we brokered a deal with Logan to help us expand what we've already built to power it, to fuel it. You help us keep this place going, there's no telling what we can offer each other. Together."
- —Virginia to the caravan survivors after slaughtering Logan's crew.[src]
Virginia, commonly referred to as Ginny, is an antagonist and a survivor of the outbreak in AMC's Fear The Walking Dead. She is the leader of her own group. She serves as the primary antagonist of the second half of Season 5 and the first half of Season 6.
Nothing is known about Virginia's life prior to or as the outbreak began, other than she was an efficiency expert that was hired to assess what was redundant in a company and eliminate jobs that weren't necessary. She comes from a corporate climate where there is a clear chain of command.
In a flashback, Virginia and some of her pioneers encounter a grieving Logan on the side of the road. She introduces herself and asks if Logan was the one who was trying to help a young woman, offering their condolences. She says she's been keeping tabs on him and shares his vision. "We can get from yesterday to tomorrow," Virginia says grinning as Logan's expression changes.
In the present, Virginia and her pioneers grow impatient of Logan's efforts to obtain control of the oil rigs and she decides to kill them. She then talks with members of the caravan and reveals she's been watching them and suggests they could all help each other. She can help each one of them in exchange for keeping the oil fields running. They refuse so she orders her people to prepare to kill them. Luciana offers to stay to help them make gas if she lets the rest go. Virginia agrees and tells everyone her offer's still on the table when they want to take it.
Virginia and her pioneers arrive at Paradise Ridge with one of the trucks of the convoy. She and her group then discover Morgan and Althea in a pool, and she sarcastically compliments them on their entrance. Virginia has them taken to an apartment. The next morning, Virginia visits them and introduces herself, explaining she watched their tapes. Morgan asks about Janis and Virginia explains she took off shortly after Tom. She also assures them their friends are fine, except for Logan.
Virginia tells Morgan he should speak to a psychologist on her community about losing his family. Al cuts in and asks if one of her settlements has helicopters, but Virginia asks where she got that crazy idea. Afterward, Virginia escorts them to the gate and hands Morgan his repaired staff as a gift. She reminds them they can always join her group but they ignore her and walk away.
In a video montage, Virginia interviews several people who praise her actions of helping those in need. She promises to build something bigger and better, claiming she and her group hold the key to a safer future where they can help each other. "Pick up the walkie, channel 5," she tells the viewers.
Sometime later, as Morgan's group tries to cross a bridge, Virginia drives up and offers to help, explaining she's been following them and can't believe they used extra resources to help Grace. She turns to Dwight and tells him that one of her people broke bread with Sherry a couple of months ago and that he should trust her since he didn't reveal Sherry's name in their tape. Dwight points his gun at her but Morgan talks him down.
Virginia insists what she is doing will keep more people alive and tells Morgan's group they can join her if they want, but no one steps forward. Strand mocks her, which leads Virginia to order her people to shoot their guns in the air so a nearby herd finds them. She reminds them to give her a holler if they need help and drives away.
Virginia answers Morgan's radio call and says she is happy to hear from him. She reveals she knew about the site because she tried to help the residents but they rejected her and got killed. Virginia then suggests she'll split them up in her settlements instead and Morgan agrees to let her help them. Unknowingly to them, Virginia also sends a group of horses to assist the group and ensure their survival.
Sometime later, Virginia and her pioneers arrive in a SWAT truck-leading caravan. Morgan asks her to take care of his people and not sacrifice any of them. She reluctantly agrees. That night, the group gets separated and driven away into different settlements. Virginia sends Grace away with a doctor to check on her as she and Morgan confess their mutual feeling, leaving them alone.
Virginia pulls out a revolver and tells Morgan he's staying. "You don't have to do this," Morgan says before swinging his stick at her. He connects with her face but gets shot through the chest in the process. Virginia tosses his staff as he crawls back towards the church. She points the gun at him again only to fire a blank. Virginia then gets a call from the doctor informing her Grace isn't sick, she's just pregnant and malnourished. Morgan tells her she was wrong to say they didn't have a future. She says she hopes he dies before jumping into her jeep and driving away as a small herd approaches the defenseless Morgan.
Virginia will appear in this season.
This list shows the victims Virginia has killed:
- Logan (Caused or Direct)
- Doris (Caused or Direct)
- Tom (Caused)
- 4 unnamed members of Logan's Crew (Caused or Direct)
- Numerous Humbug's Gulch survivors (Caused, Alive)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- Virginia and her group are the first antagonists on Fear The Walking Dead to kill another group of antagonists, namely Logan and his crew.
- Virginia and her group are the first antagonists of Fear The Walking Dead to succeed more than one season as primary antagonists.