|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the state.|
- "We had to. We do this kind of thing for a reason, and we don't do it lightly, ma'am. A rio revuelto, ganancia de pescadores. We all know Logan was a liability, he couldn't be trusted. (...) Well, you're not exactly hermits. We've been watching you for a while now, on and off screen. We like what you're doin', so much so we think there's a way we can all help each other. The biggest weakness in your operation is that you think too small, your convoy works mostly, but "mostly" don't do it, does it? Think of us more like the pioneers. (...) Yes, sir, settlers. Settling everything, everywhere, it's no different than what you're doing with your outposts, only bigger, and, if I may, better. You know, said the king-sized catfish to the crappie, in a hundred years, people may look back and think our methods are ruthless and unkind, but there will be people to look back. We got people everywhere around these parts, you help us, we can help you. Dwight, if your wife is still alive, we can help you find her, and June we can help you find that sweet little place you've been looking for. You two need someplace to brew, don't you? We can help you find that, too. And we brokered a deal with Logan to help us expand what we've already built to power it, to fuel it. You help us keep this place going, there's no telling what we can offer each other. Together."
- —Virginia to the caravan survivors after slaughtering Logan's crew.[src]
Virginia, commonly referred to as Ginny, is an antagonist and a survivor of the outbreak in AMC's Fear The Walking Dead. She is the leader of her own group. She serves as the primary antagonist of the second half of Season 5.
Nothing is known about Virginia's life prior to or as the outbreak began, other than she was an efficiency expert that was hired to assess what was redundant in a company and eliminate jobs that weren't necessary. She comes from a corporate climate where there is a clear chain of command.
In a flashback, Virginia and some of her pioneers encounter a grieving Logan on the side of the road. She introduces herself and asks if Logan was the one who was trying to help a young woman, offering their condolences. She says she's been keeping tabs on him and shares his vision. "We can get from yesterday to tomorrow," Virginia says grinning as Logan's expression changes.
In the present, Virginia and her pioneers grow impatient of Logan's efforts to obtain control of the oil rigs and she decides to kill them. She then talks with members of the caravan and reveals she's been watching them and suggests they could all help each other. She can help each one of them in exchange for keeping the oil fields running. They refuse so she orders her people to prepare to kill them. Luciana offers to stay to help them make gas if she lets the rest go. Virginia agrees and tells everyone her offer's still on the table when they want to take it.
Virginia and her pioneers arrive at Paradise Ridge with one of the trucks of the convoy. She and her group then discover Morgan and Althea in a pool, and she sarcastically compliments them on their entrance. Virginia has them taken to an apartment. The next morning, Virginia visits them and introduces herself, explaining she watched their tapes. Morgan asks about Janis and Virginia explains she took off shortly after Tom. She also assures them their friends are fine, except for Logan.
Virginia tells Morgan he should speak to a psychologist on her community about losing his family. Al cuts in and asks if one of her settlements has helicopters, but Virginia asks where she got that crazy idea. Afterward, Virginia escorts them to the gate and hands Morgan his repaired staff as a gift. She reminds them they can always join her group but they ignore her and walk away.
Virginia will appear in this episode.
This list shows the victims Virginia has killed:
- Logan (Caused or Direct)
- Doris (Caused or Direct)
- 4 unnamed members of Logan's Crew (Caused or Direct)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- Virginia and her group are the first antagonists on Fear The Walking Dead to kill another group of antagonists, namely Logan and his crew.