- "I got you! You son of a bitch! I'll let you bleed to death slowly and well. You are the last person that I-"
- —Vitali to Kenny before being stabbed by Jane. (Translated from Russian)[src]
Vitali (pronounced V-ih-tah-lee) is an original character and an antagonist who appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Two. He is a member of the Russian Group and served as the secondary antagonist of the second half of Season 2.
- 1 Pre-Apocalypse
- 2 Post-Apocalypse
- 3 Death
- 4 Killed Victims
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Nothing is known about Vitali's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he is of Russian origin.
Almost nothing is known about how Vitali and his Russian group survived the two year span of the zombie apocalypse before Arvo met and was robbed by Clementine and Jane. (Determinant) His group made camp inside an unfinished house near a lake, which had frozen over by the time Clementine's band of survivors attempt to cross it.
While Arvo is distracting Clementine's group, Vitali and the other members of his group sneak up on and surround them. They are surprised when they discover the group has a baby with them. After Clementine or Kenny shoots the recently reanimated Rebecca, everyone starts firing their weapons. Vitali is seen aiming his shotgun at Mike in particular before the episode ends.
After the fighting starts, Vitali takes cover behind a rock while shooting an AK-47 at Kenny. He shoots at Luke either as he runs with the baby towards the low wall or while trying to move to the other side of the wall, (Determinant) hitting him in the leg. After Buricko is shot and killed, Vitali becomes enraged and angrily fires at Kenny. When Kenny threatens to kill Arvo if Vitali does not surrender, Vitali states that Arvo is already dead, as his sister's death would leave him unable to continue. After Clementine shoots the zombified Natasha, Arvo wrenches himself out of Kenny's grip, leaving him exposed to Vitali. Kenny dives to the ground as the Russian fires at him. Vitali then leaves his cover to finish Kenny off. Before he can do so, Jane stabs him in the back of his neck, causing him to begin choking on his own blood. He turns to face her as he dies, showing shock that he had just been killed. He sinks to the ground, spurting out his own blood before being shot in the head by Kenny.
Mike and Jane discuss later how Arvo had to have felt terrible at his group being killed while he survived. Clementine can point out that it was his fault, to which Jane replies "that makes it worse".
- Killed By
- Jane (Caused)
Vitali is stabbed in the neck from behind by Jane. Vitali turns and looks at Jane as he chokes on his blood before being finished off by Kenny with a bullet to the head.
This list shows the victims Vitali has killed:
- Luke (Indirectly Caused)
- Numerous counts of zombies and possibly unnamed people
- Vitali is the second character Michael Ark has voiced, the other being Arvo.
- In the unused audio files for "Amid The Ruins", Natasha, Buricko, and Vitali have unused lines where their dialogue is spoken in English.
- Vitali carries an FN SLP in "Amid The Ruins", but in "No Going Back" he carries an AK-47.
- In the files for "No Going Back", Vitali's lines are listed as being said by Buricko, and vice-versa for Buricko, possibly explaining that the switched positions and weapons from the previous episode was an accident.
- Vitali is the only member of his group besides Arvo to speak a line of English, notably yelling "I kill every one of you!" when Kenny demands he speak English.