|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for the dog or the Overkill character.|
- "They say the world is over, but I'll tell you a secret: it's not. People are more political now than they ever were before. In the end, we can't change the world. All we can do is continue to learn from each other; to empathize and use our heads (...) In any case, the point is: as long as we have our wits about us, we can always make the right choice. Right?"
- —Walter to Clementine.[src]
Walter, also known as Walt, is an original character who appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Two. He is a very kind-hearted and positive man who desires peace among the survivors. However, his trusting nature can be misplaced.
Not much is known about Walter's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he was a history teacher and along his boyfriend Matthew would regularly visit the ski lodge on their vacations together.
A little is known about his life, and his partner Matthew's life after the initial first outbreak. But it is known that he, and Matthew found the lodge a few weeks before Kenny and Sarita did. Walter commented that he and Matthew didn't know what to do with the ski lodge before Kenny and Sarita came to the lodge, saying that both of them have been a huge help on fortifying the lodge into what it is when Clementine, and the rest of the cabin group reach the ski-lodge later on.
After Clementine and the rest of her group find the lodge, they encounter Walter, along with Kenny and Sarita. Walter repeatedly brings up Matthew, and eventually, he finds out that the man Nick shot on the bridge near the lodge was Matthew after putting two and two together. This leads to a confrontation between Walter, Clementine, and Nick outside. After a tense few moments, Walter eventually tosses Matthew's knife over the railing, the knife being one of the few things he had left to remember Matthew by. While outside, the group is distracted from the storm, and Kenny points out that the wind turbine is going dangerously fast, and that the sound may attract walkers. As Luke and Kenny go to defend the lodge, Clementine eventually shuts the turbine down, but not before walkers are driven to their area. Walter is one of the members of the group who helps fend off the attacking walkers. At one point, he sees Nick being attacked by a walker and, depending upon what Clementine told him about Nick, Walter will either save Nick by shooting the walker, or watch as Nick is devoured.
As more and more walkers head towards the group, machine gun fire is heard, and it is revealed that Carver, Bonnie, and the rest of their group had arrived. They are led inside where their group investigates the lodge in search of Rebecca. Walter is tied up against the wall this whole time. After subjecting Carlos to torture to draw her out, Rebecca reveals herself. After Johnny is killed, and he himself is nearly shot by Kenny, Carver eventually grabs Walter and forces him to the middle of the room, where he presses his pistol up against Walter's head and fires, killing him instantly.
- Killed By
After Kenny shot Johnny to try and save the group, Carver pulls Walter over to the window where Johnny was killed and executes him on the spot to avenge Johnny. A brief moment before he dies, Walter will look, one last time, at Matthew's picture.
This list shows the victims Walter has killed:
- Walter appears to be the most used name in the Video Game. He is the fourth character to be called Walt or Walter in the Video Games: the first is a dog, the second is a Crawford resident, and the third is an elderly man in "400 Days".
- Walter and his partner Matthew are the first homosexual couple to be featured in the Video Game.
- Walter is one of twelve LGBT characters to appear in the game, the others being his former boyfriend Matthew, Violet, Minerva, Zachary, Jonas, Paige, Javier García, Paul Monroe, Clementine, James, and Charlie.